Rooftop thoughts

PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
edited April 14, 2008 in People
This is a picture i've been wanting to take for a while. The sky looked nice today, so I climbed up on the roof and took a few shots. Here's my fav. Let me know what you think C & C welcome. I was thinking it might look better if it was a more wide shot--so that you would be able to see more roof...
277361939_MbvLX-L.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    Paulcao wrote:
    This is a picture i've been wanting to take for a while. The sky looked nice today, so I climbed up on the roof and took a few shots. Here's my fav. Let me know what you think C & C welcome. I was thinking it might look better if it was a more wide shot--so that you would be able to see more roof...
    And if you were to clone out the power line and the street light under your legs.mwink.gif

But, I think you're on the right track with your idea of making it a wider shot - a little environment would do a better job of putting it into context. It would also lend to a sense of solitude ne_nau.gif

Very nice photo.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 10, 2008
    And if you were to clone out the power line and the street light under your legs.

nod.gif Nice, crisp silhouette.
  • PhilCollumPhilCollum Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    Nice colors, and the silhouette looks great! But I agree the power lines are a minor distraction.
    Phil Collum
    Phil Collum Photography
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Equipment list in my profile
  • javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    Great color and a nice silhouette. The power lines didn't bother me that much. I would also like to see a wider angle, conveying some of the grandeur of being on the roof with a vast view in front of you.
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    Thanks for all the input folks. Next time the skies look nice--i will do a reshoot and post the resultsthumb.gif
  • HaryHary Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    I really like this picture but I couldn't have guessed that He's sitting on a rooftop :) .

Remove power line and print it :)
    also think about that lamp under the legs. Do you want it there?
    Try to give a bit more focus to what he's looking at.
    I like dreamy pictures so I'd go more for whats hes looking at (without leaving him out of the picture).
    Thanks !
  • LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    ditto

and move the subject to the right to get a cleaner silhouette.
    New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    What is funny is that I thought you were on a forest hillcrest until I saw the streetlight and powerline. Yes, do clone them out, but other than that it is a total winner in my book.

Way to get out into the wild without ever leaving home, literally.:giggle

I reallly like it.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    It has a lot of good things, Paulcao. The colors and mood of that time of day especially. I'd like it to be more view as well as you. The left third is crammed with you, the pine and the sunset, the rest of the frame has nothing but some rather raggedy treetop and sky. What about if you sit on the right and look toward the sunset and pine on the left? I can see it might be a bit tricky juggling what's on the skyline and staying on the roof! But worth a few different angles, I think. It's a nice silhouette already.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    I like the photo...I disagree with everyone talking about the powerline, they are a part of life now and I think 99% of the time they should be left in cause it keeps the photo honest, I just feel soon, people will start adding stuff to photos that were not there before, just to make a more appealing photo. So I think you should leave it in wings.gif, but that is just me...
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com