Greed: April 1,2005, comments??

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited April 2, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
18710379-L.jpg

Are either of these worth pursuing? Is the topic worth pursuing? Is it OK the way it is? What about my current entry compared to these? (If these gas prices look low to some of you, they don't look low to us)

18710380-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2005
    I think they surpass the word greed & go into theft

If its any consolation ginger...i pay equiv of $3.10 USD for one of your US gallons (3.8 lt)
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

Are either of these worth pursuing? Is the topic worth pursuing? Is it OK the way it is? What about my current entry compared to these? (If these gas prices look low to some of you, they don't look low to us)
    Damn it! I was thinking of this for a couple of days as the prices rise and
    fall on a hourly basis.

What if you could get a gas price sign with maybe a corporate tower
    in the background? It wouldn't have to be the tower for the gas station,
    any corporate highrise would do. Maybe a few large SUV's at the pumps?
    I think the topic is right on, but I think you can do better on the shots.

How about McDonald's "Billions and Billions served" sign for gluttony?

dave.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2005
    davev wrote:
    Damn it! I was thinking of this for a couple of days as the prices rise and
    fall on a hourly basis.

What if you could get a gas price sign with maybe a corporate tower
    in the background? It wouldn't have to be the tower for the gas station,
    any corporate highrise would do. Maybe a few large SUV's at the pumps?
    I think the topic is right on, but I think you can do better on the shots.

How about McDonald's "Billions and Billions served" sign for gluttony?

dave.

We don't have any corporate bldgs. Everything in Charleston is regulated by an historical society.

That is one thing. The other thing is that tonight is darker and expecting rain, than it was last night. On top of that there is a bridge run tomorrow morning between me and everyone else. No bldgs here.

And I am supposed to go shooting with Dixie tomorrow. I haven't heard from him regard the rain. etc. And Sunday I have to shoot a baptism, and I can't miss church with the Pope dying and all.

I looked for SUVs last night, but I was in a hurry, didn't see anything terribly impressive except where someone had filled up for 70 some dollars, but they weren't there anymore.

Now, I absolutely do not want to do McDonalds. I don't like McDonalds.
    I should give this to you, but I am not ready to do that. I got out yesterday afternoon when I didn't want to, and stayed up half the night so no one would get it on there before me. Then I worked on it to finish it this afternoon for the same reason.

I agree that the photos could be better. However, they can't look like your city, because mine doesn't. Right now mine looks like the suburbs. Or the beach, and the only way it looks like the beach is that the prices are a penney or so higher.

Do you have any other suggestions? Re gas?

ginger
    edited April 1, 2005
    I might go out just to see if I can get a better composed shot, but this is asking alot.

g

I did go out, I got some more photos. If this doesn't work, I will work it more Sunday.

ginger
    edited April 1, 2005
    Greed, April 1 2005
    18733185-L.jpg
  • muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2005
    I like the tryptich idea, and especially liked the one close-up of the total price & gallons that you had on your first post on the bottom right.

I also like the suggestion made earlier to include some kind of "corporate bigness" symbol (maybe something other than a highrise if you can't get that), and the suggestion of an SUV (maybe just a big fat tailpipe).

Your effort below seems a bit busy and loses focus on the suggestion of gluttony on both the consumer and producer ends here that I assume you are driving at, and which I think is RIGHT ON!!

(I should be out there photographing my own for this, "but just can't find the time lately" = sloth.)

gary

ginger_55 wrote:
    18733185-L.jpg
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2005
    LOreallyL rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif Good one, thanks for the laugh (I needed it) I think everyone can relate to this one. I just swipe my ATM and look away, I don't look at the guage cause it only ticks me off. Short of riding a bike 37 miles each way to work, there's nothing I can do about it

hoping this message finds you well -Ian

oh, I almost forgot, I like your latest one, its very graphic (in the sense of shapes, not gore) thumb.gif
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
    edited April 2, 2005
    I am confused. I try to make it better.........????? I am confused.

ginger (more comments, if possible. I will be gone most of today.)

In the top one I tried to show a big SUV without just sticking it in the middle of a photo. In the middle, the fact that it is a gas station.

In the bottom one, I used that to show how many cars were trying to get in to pay these prices. I put the price paid at the top and the price per gallon at the bottom.

ginger