arrange this photo

dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited April 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
the photo tool "arrange this photo" never seems to work on my galleries. is there a setting I have that is preventing it from working.

I remember it use to work somewhat sporadically, but now it does not seem to work at all.

trav.smugmug.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    If you have a different method of arranging, chosen in the gallery settings, that will override. So, you can't choose arrange this photo, if you have 'arrange by date uploaded' chosen, for example.
  • dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    If you have a different method of arranging, chosen in the gallery settings, that will override. So, you can't choose arrange this photo, if you have 'arrange by date uploaded' chosen, for example.

I have "Sorty By" setting set to "Position"
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Andy, something I've never understood is why, when a user chooses to manually position their photos, doesn't Smugmug automatically change the sort order to custom and make their positioning "just work". There's absolutely nothing else the user could want in that situation. Why not just do when they want, rather than making them change the preference before it works?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    I have "Sorty By" setting set to "Position"

FYI, I was using "arrange this photo" today and in the same gallery it was working about 80% of the time.

I've had similar issue with "move photos" tool. When I have a huge batch of photos to upload I'll create several temp galleries then move all the photos into a single gallery once the entire batch is done uploading. I select all the photos to move, but sometimes even after waiting a day only a percentage of them are moved and I have to reapply the tool to the remaining photos.