Options

Brewery horses

pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
edited April 15, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Yesterday I went to the old brewery stables of Sinebrychoff to see the horses and for a ride. The brewery itself has long since moved and the horses have dwindled in their numbers. But there's still a cart, two men and three lovely Jutland horses. They pull the cart around Helsinki centre promoting the brewery.

The horses are sweet, calm, powerfull creatures; they weigh a ton each and walk around on 8 inch hooves. When one takes an excited step towards you because he's heard you rummage for a piece of bread, you better hand it over :rofl

Here's the cart all ready to go with stable master Markku Nyman standing ready.
277895697_x44tj-L-1.jpg

277895889_Jy9Ev-L-1.jpg
That's Roki on the left and Pintti on the right.

Onward we go then:
277896227_s5tiB-L-1.jpg

277896407_brv37-L-1.jpg

Back at the stables again, Eero Lehtonen taking Pintti back inside:
277897539_rqJGq-L-1.jpg

Pintti enjoying scratchies:
277898294_QgcMY-L-1.jpg

That's the spot right there:
277898746_FrdR3-L-1.jpg

:lol3
Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Yesterday I went to the old brewery stables of Sinebrychoff to see the horses and for a ride. The brewery itself has long since moved and the horses have dwindled in their numbers. But there's still a cart, two men and three lovely Jutland horses. They pull the cart around Helsinki centre promoting the brewery.

The horses are sweet, calm, powerfull creatures; they weigh a ton each and walk around on 8 inch hooves. When one takes an excited step towards you because he's heard you rummage for a piece of bread, you better hand it over rolleyes1.gif

Here's the cart all ready to go with stable master Markku Nyman standing ready.
    That's Roki on the left and Pintti on the right.
    Onward we go then:
    Back at the stables again, Eero Lehtonen taking Pintti back inside:
    Pintti enjoying scratchies:
    That's the spot right there:

lol3.gif

Wow they are quite hairy aren't they.
    I love those last two shots, the horse looks like it's laughing.
    You got some beautiful colour in that 4th shot, looks like an interesting place to visit.....thanks for sharing Pyry thumb.gif ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    haha i love that last one!!
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow they are quite hairy aren't they.
    I love those last two shots, the horse looks like it's laughing.
    You got some beautiful colour in that 4th shot, looks like an interesting place to visit.....thanks for sharing Pyry thumb.gif ..... Skippy :D

Thank you, Skippy!

Yes Jutlanders are a bit more hairy than your usual light horse breeds :D

And Pintti gave us a good laugh too! rolleyes1.gif
    haha i love that last one!!

Thanks, here's one more for you:

277898547_MYYpN-L-1.jpg

I was thinking I could make a Laughing.gifhorse from one of these and enter it in the gauntlet lol3.gif
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    edited April 14, 2008
    277898746_FrdR3-M-1.jpg

This one got picked up by our student union's paper Polyteekkari, yay!

And of course the promised amount was promptly spent at the pub rolleyes1.gif
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Great shots. thumb.gif They are amazing animals for sure.iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    KitKat987KitKat987 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    That last one is fantastic!
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2008
    summerz wrote:
    Great shots. thumb.gif They are amazing animals for sure.iloveyou.gif

Thank you!

They are such lovable creatures.

I still remember handing one of them (it was probably Pintti, he tends pop up a lot doesn't he? :D ) a piece of dried bread as treat the previous time I was there. He definately knew what the sound dried bread rubbing against cardboard meant lol3.gif The ears locked on to the sound, the lips started going and he took a step closer. I've seen that reaction a thousand times from my pet rabbit. The difference was about 500 times my bunny's weight rolleyes1.gif

Pintti got his bread and was very happy. thumb.gif
    KitKat987 wrote:
    That last one is fantastic!

Thanks a bunch! That one seems to have hit the spot :D
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    PexiPexi Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Hello, Pyry,

great shots from Stadi! And crazy horses, too!

Nice to see another Finn posting here, not too many of us here, don't you think?

Cheers,
    Pexi
    Life is pretty straight without motorcycling
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2008
    Pexi wrote:
    Hello, Pyry,

great shots from Stadi! And crazy horses, too!

Nice to see another Finn posting here, not too many of us here, don't you think?

Cheers,
    Pexi

Kiitosta vaan Pexi :D

My count on Finns on this forum including the two of us stands at three. We could fit in a couple more I'd say thumb.gif
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    nofatenofate Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Kiitosta vaan Pexi :D

My count on Finns on this forum including the two of us stands at three. We could fit in a couple more I'd say thumb.gif

How about one from Canada who has never been to Finland? My ancestry is pure Finn. My wife was born in Tampere though so our children retain the lineage. My spoken Finnish is not the best, but its hard to practice when there are few opportunities to speak it. Maybe a trip to Finland is in order. Many Finns settled in northern Ontario because it's geography and climate is very much like Finland. I have two saunas (wood fired hirsi sauna on lake shore and basement sahku sauna) and have introduced many to the ritual. :D
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2008
    nofate wrote:
    How about one from Canada who has never been to Finland? My ancestry is pure Finn. My wife was born in Tampere though so our children retain the lineage. My spoken Finnish is not the best, but its hard to practice when there are few opportunities to speak it. Maybe a trip to Finland is in order. Many Finns settled in northern Ontario because it's geography and climate is very much like Finland. I have two saunas (wood fired hirsi sauna on lake shore and basement sahku sauna) and have introduced many to the ritual. :D

Close enough, make the count four :D

Your ancestry wouldn't be from the immigration of early 1900s, would it?

If you do decide to come to Finland for a visit, drop me a line, we can have a pint.
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    nofatenofate Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Close enough, make the count four :D

Your ancestry wouldn't be from the immigration of early 1900s, would it?

If you do decide to come to Finland for a visit, drop me a line, we can have a pint.

My great grandfather came to Canada in 1905. He sold the family (Korpela) farm near Alajarvi and made the big move. My grandfather also was responsible for bringing many Finns here prior to the Talvi Sota to work in his logging business. He chartered a plane and many of those original workers' families are still here and have added much to the history of this area.

I'd love to have a pint with you someday.