help with gallery navigation links

greygoosegreygoose Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited April 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I noticed recently that when I click into one of my smugmug galleries, I no longer have a link back to the webpages that linked to the gallery. This makes it difficult for users to navigate my smugmug site. I think in the past these links were displayed. How do I get them back?

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited April 11, 2008
    greygoose wrote:
    I noticed recently that when I click into one of my smugmug galleries, I no longer have a link back to the webpages that linked to the gallery. This makes it difficult for users to navigate my smugmug site. I think in the past these links were displayed. How do I get them back?
    A link to your site would be helpful.

I'd recommend adding that link to your signature here so that it is in every post that you make. Click You! above & to the left, then Edit Signature.

And welcome to dgrin!

--- Denise
  • greygoosegreygoose Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2008
    Hi Denise,

a link to my site is now included:

- Graeme -
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    greygoose wrote:

It looks to me like your galleries are set to the "Smugmug" look instead of the "Custom" look. The Smugmug look makes the breadcrumb navigation disappeaer and makes the URL go to www.smugmug.com, not even your own URL. You can change these yourself in gallery customization.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited April 11, 2008
    The other thing that causes this is having "hide owner" set to yes in your galleries (in the security & privacy section of customize gallery). That changes the url from your site url to www.smugmug.com and hides your name, your navigation, and your custom look & feel.

Make sure "hide owner " is set to no - unless you intent was to hide owner.
    And as John already mentioned, make sure that the look is set to custom.

--- Denise
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    The other thing that causes this is having "hide owner" set to yes in your galleries (in the security & privacy section of customize gallery). That changes the url from your site url to www.smugmug.com and hides your name, your navigation, and your custom look & feel.

Make sure "hide owner " is set to no - unless you intent was to hide owner.
    And as John already mentioned, make sure that the look is set to custom.

--- Denise

Ah yes, this is probably caused by hide owner.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • greygoosegreygoose Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2008
    There seems to be no obvious setting for 'custom' but I have disabled 'hide owner' as you suggested, and this has solved the problem. Thanks! I think what happened was that last week I uploaded a bunch of photos and got the unwanted & ugly square thumbs in my galleries. While I was struggling to undo the square thumbs, I must have inadvertantly modified all galleries via bulk settings to 'hide owner' without understanding the effects on basic site navigation.

- Graeme -