Options

Fly Fishing in Black & White & Question

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited April 13, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I posted a couple of fly fishing pictures here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=90467

But I wanted to post this one separate because I would like to know if you can see the gray patch on his jeans. Is it distracting, obvious or good enough? (I hope this is ok to post it in this thread). :rolleyes

Thank you,
~Eia~

278125897_2RYuD-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2008
    Eia wrote:
    I posted a couple of fly fishing pictures here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=90467

But I wanted to post this one separate because I would like to know if you can see the gray patch on his jeans. Is it distracting, obvious or good enough? (I hope this is ok to post it in this thread). rolleyes1.gif

Thank you,
    ~Eia~

Hi Eia, I see the grey patch your talking about, it's just a shadow of a crease in his pants isnt it? doesn't look out of place to me.

I'm drawn to his hat and jacket .... looks fine thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2008
    Thank you, actually it 'was' a white tag from his waders (the man can't dress himself and pull his boots up rolleyes1.gif ) and it was very distracting. So I filled it in with the color of his pants. I'm trying to draw attention to the fishing line. I'm wondering if the jacket/hat are too bright.

Thank you for the help.

~Meia~
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2008
    The first thing that caught my eye was the fishing line, the way it stood out against the background so clearly, as for the grey patch above the wader, can't see it, I noticed the dark shadow in the crease of his trouser that skippy saw.

Tim
  • Options
    JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2008
    ah.. I see it now. It took me a while to find it (the 'grey patch' is a smallish clone job on his right leg?). You might be able to clean it up a little bit but it only became apparent to me when I was searching for it. Definitely not obvious. Nice shot BTW, although I think it might work if the fisherman was further to the left of the shot, not in the centre, so it opens up a bit more space on the right for the movement of his line.
    Nice work!
    Jethro :D
    My Blog
    Jethro Kingston Photography
    Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2008
    Jet wrote:
    ah.. I see it now. It took me a while to find it (the 'grey patch' is a smallish clone job on his right leg?). You might be able to clean it up a little bit but it only became apparent to me when I was searching for it. Definitely not obvious. Nice shot BTW, although I think it might work if the fisherman was further to the left of the shot, not in the centre, so it opens up a bit more space on the right for the movement of his line.
    Nice work!

Yep you saw it. After I saw the photo I knew I should have composed the shot with him to the left a bit more.

Thanks much!!!
    ~Eia~