Dryden, NY

rjteeterrjteeter Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 15, 2008 in Landscapes
I pass by this place every day going to and from work and have been meaning to stop and shoot it for awhile now. The weather was nice and the cloud coverage was amazing today so I took full advantage of it and swung by and grabbed a bunch of shots. Glad I did because I found a 20 dollar bill laying on the ground a few feet from where I was shooting =)

Also I posted this photo along with the original on http://rjteeter.com if you are interested in seeing what I started with.

small_vignette_6013.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    Hi rjteeter and welcome! This is a great first shot - really nice composition and lots of drama in the clouds. I love the contrast of the white tree in front of the dark evergreens. I couldn't have framed it better myself. thumb.gif

I see on your site that you had to really push the image to get that result, which resulted in a lot of digital noise. The artifacts that result are a bit distracting, which is a bit of a shame but I still like your final product quite a bit! Hope to see more from ya.
  • rjteeterrjteeter Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 13, 2008
    Hm, the noise didnt really bother me to much but it was caused by a high contrast red/black and white over lay that I could have probably done with out. I might play with it a bit and see what it looks like with out the black and white overlay layer.

Thanks for the warm welcome =)
  • rjteeterrjteeter Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 15, 2008
    Another taken from the same day only a few miles up the road;

small_5916.jpg

The area where the clouds split and the heavans shine through, this starts at Ithaca, NY and runs the length of Cayuga Lake(wine country.)

Once again the original can be viewed at my website.