Mountain Reflections

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited April 14, 2008 in Landscapes
Last weekend was completely overcast, so I figured it would be a good time to go shoot some seasonal waterfalls that would be in full force after the winter snow melt. Unfortunately, about 5 miles from the trail, the dirt road was snowed in and closed (this was after I had carefully navigated a sink-hole already in my poor little sedan). So, I had to turn around. On my way back home, I decided to do some location scouting, and came across an amazing reflection:

275145023_tRquK-L.jpg

It's not a horrible photo, but it was in the middle of the day and overcast, so I vowed I'd return for dawn (it's facing directly east) when I knew the light would be better and the water more still. I had to wait five days before there was a reasonably clear day, and here's the result from Friday morning (I like the early sunrises this time of year, as I can shoot and not be late to work!).

Similar composition as above:

278567230_oiJ6N-L.jpg

278594710_dLXrb-L.jpg

I warmed this one up a bit:

278568757_cnRKe-L.jpg

Had I not had to turn around on my waterfalls excursion, I would have never found this place, which is only 30 minutes from my home (and close enough to shoot on weekdays before and after work).

Before I give the location away, does anyone from the Seattle-area know where this is? I did a search and couldn't find any other photographs of it :D

Comments