Newborn (3 weeks old)

ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited April 14, 2008 in People
First off, I miss posting here. Happy problem, I've been swamped with work. I'm quickly getting to the point that I need to hire someone to take care of the office/paperwork side of it all.

I am loving working with infants/children more and more.

Anyway, I had to share my favorite shot with you all from this week. She turned 3 weeks old the day this was shot. This was after the little dear "christened" me. Hazard of the job I suppose.

277877992_HVgsF-M.jpg

2. Same shot, edited and played with a bit.
277810738_qDhbD-M.jpg
Heather
www.heatherdunnphotography.com
My Blog My Facebook Page
GIVING BACK - How will you give?
"I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson

Comments

• BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    That is amazing!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    Nice shots. In the first, what is that vertical line behind her head? Is that a texture? The other lines don't bother me, but the one right on her head I find distracting in what is otherwise a nice shot!
  • ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    Nice shots. In the first, what is that vertical line behind her head? Is that a texture? The other lines don't bother me, but the one right on her head I find distracting in what is otherwise a nice shot!

OK...line gone. I will work on the others before ordering prints for the family. Thanks!
    Heather
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    Oh so sweet! Very girly and pretty and lovely colors. Very nice! clap.gif I think I prefer the first, but that border on the second is fun.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Very sweet.iloveyou.gif
    I am sure mom was sooo happy with this one.
    Great job, Heather.
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    I love your work!!!! You are amazing and this photo proves it. Great job and Congrats on your increase!
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Very nice shot Heather!
    I tried this on my own little girl but didn't have the guts to let her out of the diaper long enough to get those indentations off. I wasn't 'christened' but also didn't get as nice of a shot. My only comment for this one is to see if a crop of 1/3 of the top space would help at all. Tried it on the browser by scrolling down and it seems to bring a bit more balance to the photo.
    E
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Very elegant, classy and beautifully done Heather. Sweet! thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Oh so sweet! Very girly and pretty and lovely colors. Very nice! clap.gif I think I prefer the first, but that border on the second is fun.

Thank you. It will be interesting to see which one mom picks. I ordered a different one for a sample in my studio, the coloring of the second without the border. I can't wait to see it in print (on canvas)!
    Very sweet.iloveyou.gif
    I am sure mom was sooo happy with this one.
    Great job, Heather.

Thanx. Mom, Dad, Grandma.....all love this shot. It's one that I've very proud of as well.
    I love your work!!!! You are amazing and this photo proves it. Great job and Congrats on your increase!

Wow, thank you for the compliment. I think when one loves what they are doing it will show in their work. I have had the privilege to attend some seminars and classes lately by some top photographers. The information that I gained at those has truly made a huge immediate difference in my work and in my business strategies.
    eoren1 wrote:
    Very nice shot Heather!
    I tried this on my own little girl but didn't have the guts to let her out of the diaper long enough to get those indentations off. I wasn't 'christened' but also didn't get as nice of a shot. My only comment for this one is to see if a crop of 1/3 of the top space would help at all. Tried it on the browser by scrolling down and it seems to bring a bit more balance to the photo.
    E

Thank you for your suggestion. This is pre-cropping. I tend to keep everything at the original until after processing. I got burned too many times cropping, then processing and someone wanting a different size, then having to go back and process it all over again....lol

As far as the christening....I got off easy. She and her parents were back in my studio Saturday for family portraits. She got dad once and mom three times, I on the other hand, remained dry.wings.gif I do have a backdrop that needs cleaning though.
    Swartzy wrote:
    Very elegant, classy and beautifully done Heather. Sweet! thumb.gif

Thank you very much for the compliment.

I really am not one for a ton of props, but I fell in love with the column. As this little one grows, I'll continue to shoot her w/ it. At the end of the year, mom will have shots of her laying on the column (this shot), sitting on the column (about 6 months) and standing peeking from around the column (about 1 year) All will get put into a Wall Folio Frame. By keeping the props/background/lighting constant, I will be able to provide them with an elegant piece to hang in their home highlighting some milestones of her first year.
    Heather
    My Blog My Facebook Page
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 14, 2008
    Shudderz wrote:
    I really am not one for a ton of props, but I fell in love with the column. As this little one grows, I'll continue to shoot her w/ it. At the end of the year, mom will have shots of her laying on the column (this shot), sitting on the column (about 6 months) and standing peeking from around the column (about 1 year) All will get put into a Wall Folio Frame. By keeping the props/background/lighting constant, I will be able to provide them with an elegant piece to hang in their home highlighting some milestones of her first year.

That's a wonderful idea. thumb.gif Be sure to post the next shots.

Cheers,