360 Rotation

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsBournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
edited April 14, 2008 in Sports
New lense and some decent wind (even if there were heavy down pours all day) meant I had a chance to take some kite flying pictures. Problem is with a new lense and moving from "P" mode to "AV" shoting there a lot of setting to change......................and I keep forgetting. I forgot to change the ISO and F stop...

Well enough of my excuses here a squence of a friend doing a 360 rotation of a landboard

img_2138.jpg

img_2139.jpg

img_2140.jpg

Comments welcome, thanks for looking

Tim

Comments

• donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    2 and 3 seem soft. 3 doesn't have a face.

The best kite shots I've seen are shot with a wide lens. Pick up any kite boarding magazine and you'll see what I mean. You need to get the kite in the shot, but have the rider right on top of you. I'd say ditch the long lens, wear some protective gear and shoot someone you trust not to hit you. Get closer to the ground too, theres too much ground in your shots and not enough sky.
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Unfortunately the wind was to gusty yesterday for getting high jumps, hence the flyer opted for some low level spins. You mainly see the kite overhead shots in Kite surfing, not very often seen in land based kiting as the nature of the flyers flying does not allow for the great height compared to the height you see in Kite surfurfing 20-30ft is not unusual

The lens I was using was the 17-50mm Tamron, still getting to grip with it (it new to me) and I later realised I had forgotten to change a couple of setting from my previous lense setup. The three pictures are a sequence of picture (taken on continous shot) of the flyer doing a 360, I think it may be a bit difficult to get the flyers face in all the shots as he rotates.

Tim