Texas Bluebonnets

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
edited April 16, 2008 in Holy Macro
I had a chance to try a few bluebonnet pictures yesterday. (FYI for all you non-Texans: looking for bluebonnets and photographing them is something everyone around here does this time of year!) The flowers this year aren't as strong and plentiful as they were last year. I must say I'm disappointed in my efforts yesterday, but will try to get out again later in the week.

278990142_gt2b5-M.jpg

278989724_96wEW-M.jpg

278990041_Hxynm-M.jpg

4. As a comparison, one from last year:

240574972_iAYtj-M.jpg

Sherry

Comments

• canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    slpollett wrote:
    I had a chance to try a few bluebonnet pictures yesterday. (FYI for all you non-Texans: looking for bluebonnets and photographing them is something everyone around here does this time of year!) The flowers this year aren't as strong and plentiful as they were last year. I must say I'm disappointed in my efforts yesterday, but will try to get out again later in the week.

Sherry

Well I think you did a wonderful job there. I love the colours and to me they are in focus at the right places.
    Kind regards
    Bob
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    slpollett wrote:
    Sherry

The Bluebonnets are very pretty little flowers nod.gif
    I'm not sure if we have them here in Australia headscratch.gif maybe we do? I dunno.
    Hope you get one with a pretty Butterfly on it next time you get to shoot them. thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Bob, Brian, & Skippy--Thanks for the comments.:D

The bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas, and people around here are very passionate about them. Usually when the bluebonnets have an 'off' season, the other wildflowers are more abundant. Haven't seen that this year though. :cry

Cheers!

Sherry
  • Glenn NKGlenn NK Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    Texas Bluebonnets - lupinus texensis

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=LUTE

Like most lupines, a beautiful and photogenic flower.

Never heard of it before, but today when looking after my five year old grand-daughter, she pulled out a book called "The Hummingbird Garden", and for some reason I happened to notice them in the index.

Mind you having never been anywhere Texas, it's not surprising I hadn't heard of it.
    "There is nothing that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man’s lawful prey". John Ruskin 1819 - 1900