Help Needed with D2X Image issue...

wes600rrwes600rr Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited April 15, 2008 in Cameras
Tried doing some searching and came up with nothing. I got a new D2X body (Used) yesterday and took it out shooting today. I put the body threw its paces before buying it and didn't have any issues with it. On the out side it is perfect with not a scratch on it. Took it out today and about every 8th image gives me something like this. Not always yellow. Some times its just a line across the image and the two parts don't line up. Sometimes half or part of the image is grey.

Tired different cards and different every lens I own and it happens with every combination. The body was serviced a few months back..

Please advise!!! What might cause this.

279131506_bjDUG-M.jpg

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 13, 2008
    Does it look like this in the camera review or just on the computer?

Is the break always in the center?

What cards do you use?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • wes600rrwes600rr Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Does it look like this in the camera review or just on the computer?

Is the break always in the center?

What cards do you use?

I didn't see it at all in the camera review when I was out shooting today. After I saw it on the computer I went back to the camera and checked the review, then and only then I saw some images like this. I am using SanDisk Extreme III cards. I have a few 4 gigs and a few 2Gigs...

Everything today was shot in JPG Large Fine....

The break and or Dis-coloration isn't consistant. One pic will have grey on the bottom. One will be red on the top.. I will load some more examples to show the diffrent images I was getting.

279151939_h8DKL-M.jpg

279153420_3dqhr-M.jpg
    edited April 13, 2008
    I have a D2H and I have had no issues with it..

I just took a series of 100 photos with different settings and in the Review I see no signs of image issues..

One more from this morning.

279156902_ebzga-M.jpg
    edited April 13, 2008
    If you're not seeing the problem until you put the card in the computer/reader, the problem may not be the camera. What is your workflow in the computer? (Software and devices?)

Are you formatting the cards in the camera prior to use?
    ziggy53
    edited April 13, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    If you're not seeing the problem until you put the card in the computer/reader, the problem may not be the camera. What is your workflow in the computer? (Software and devices?)

Are you formatting the cards in the camera prior to use?

I format each card in the camera prior to each session.

My normaly pull files off the card with a card reader but my card reader is at my office right now so I had to use a USB cable hooked directly to the camera. When they were transfering off the camera is when I first saw the issue.

I have another 100+ images on my card now that don't show any issues in the review screen...

I pulled the pics off the camera using Nikon Picture Project and once on the computer a hand full of the images have the same problem...
    edited April 13, 2008
    wes600rr wrote:
    I format each card in the camera prior to each session.

My normaly pull files off the card with a card reader but my card reader is at my office right now so I had to use a USB cable hooked directly to the camera. When they were transfering off the camera is when I first saw the issue.

I have another 100+ images on my card now that don't show any issues in the review screen...

USB transfer from the camera could be the problem:

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00L67n

Also look at these threads:

http://www.sportsshooter.com/message_display.html?tid=26284
    http://www.oreillynet.com/digitalmedia/blog/2007/06/memory_card_failures.html
    ziggy53
    edited April 13, 2008
    Now I really don't know what to think. Imported a set of photos via Picture Project and then imported again via Picasa2. The images that are bad in one are fine in the other and vise versa... The best I can tell the review screen still shows a perfect picture.

Time to head to another computer for a test... Anyone else ever have this issue?:bash
    edited April 13, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:

I will do all the reading and post up if I figure out the problem or if I still have the problem..

Thank you for the help.

Scott
    edited April 15, 2008
    Problem solved.. I picked up a new Card reader today... I also talked to Nikon on the phone. They said it was a problem they had know about for some time. Downloaded "Nikon Transfer" from the Nikon USA site and all is well..

Thanks for the help.