Sigma lens for Canon question

Mulder32Mulder32 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited April 14, 2008 in Cameras
Does anyone know if Sigma is going to release a HSM version of their 18-50 2.8 macro lens? I see the Nikon version is HSM and I'm wondering if a Canon release is happening. Thanks, Mike.
Mike
Canon 2 x 5D, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8IS, 50 f1.4, 580EXII, 2 x 550EX, CP-E4

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    they are real good about answering questions from their contact us section....I have yet to see an announcement but I am not considering a switch to to the 'C" camp so all my updates relate to the "N" camp.....but usually by the time I get email notification it has aready been in the mags for a couple of months......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Mulder32Mulder32 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    they are real good about answering questions from their contact us section....I have yet to see an announcement but I am not considering a switch to to the 'C" camp so all my updates relate to the "N" camp.....but usually by the time I get email notification it has aready been in the mags for a couple of months......

I tried contacting them and my email got sent back saying their email inbox was too full, that's why I posted here. I figured all the smarties on here could help!
    Mike
    Canon 2 x 5D, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8IS, 50 f1.4, 580EXII, 2 x 550EX, CP-E4
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    Mulder32 wrote:
    I tried contacting them and my email got sent back saying their email inbox was too full, that's why I posted here. I figured all the smarties on here could help!

Wow never had that happen must been a busy weekend for them....or someone decided to spam the crap at them........

Sorry I could not be more help.....

Good luck.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    I think Sigma added HSM to many Nikon mount versions of their lens b/c the D40 series needs a lens with a motor built into the lens.

As far as I know, I haven't heard about such a plan to include it into Canon mount versions though.