Options

shopping cart setup so it has some free prints and rest are at my gallery price

aacreationaacreation Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 16, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is it possible to setup my shopping cart like this.

I want my clients to get free (50) 4x6 prints and free (20) 5x7 prints and (3) 8x10 prints (meaning I will pay for them at a minimum smugmug price, I get them for like .19 for 4x6 and .99 for 5x7 etc). Once my clients go over the minimum free prints then I want my gallery prices to kick in (my 4x6 price is $2.50 etc..)

Please let me know if I can setup my shopping cart like that or how I can achieve that.

http://aacreation.smugmug.com/

Ed

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Hi Ed, I don't have a magic answer, but hopefully some of the creative pros here will be able to help!

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    About the only thing I can think of to do that is to use a PayPal shopping cart. But, the issue we'll run into is that if they ONLY get the free stuff, PayPal won't let them "Checkout" ( you need at least 1cent for a paypal shopping cart to be able to checkout).

I'm thinking you're going to have to self-fulfill the images to do what you want. But, getting the customer to write down 50+ file numbers and email it to you.

I'd probably do something like offer a rebate on their first purchase... Make it easier on you, and most people will never bother to fill out the rebate paperwork.. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Hi - I agree with David - you might have to do a paypal shopping cart.
    Since one of the items in the cart has to be greater than zero (1 cent or more), I have designed a method in which the customer can add items, then add items (such as select images for a book/album/package) for zero cost.

Check it out here:

http://www.jakigoodphotography.com/gallery/3354899_Chidi

(click on any single image then look at the footer area for the functionality - you can add the image to your paypal as a test just to see how it works, just dont check out).

-jerryr
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2008
    Thanks guys i'll take a look at paypal shopping cart. And if I comeup with anything else I will post it here.

Ed
  • Options
    sellissellis Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    I would love to have a print credit option as well. I have the clients email me which ones they want and I place the order.

Is there any way to set it up so that the client places the order, but the shopping cart is transferred to my account and I pay for it using my prices? In other words, the clients does everything except pay for it, saves the order, and I log in and pay for the order myself.
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2008
    sellis,

Thats a great idea and that will work for me also.

Ed