Options

2008 Philadelphia Cherry Blossoms Festival

VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
Every year in Philly, we have a cherry blossoms festival, usually sponsored by Subaru.

This year the main events is today, Sunday April 13th 2008, at Fairmont Park area.

They have lots of main attractions going on, like Japanese Tea Ceremony, Taiko Drum, Ikebana, Origami, Japanese Dance, Art Stands, Sushi Food Court, etc.

I only got a chance to go for an hour, before my friend's baby birthday party, so, pretty much I only saw the opening ceremony, but at least I got some shots taken from the festival.

You can check my gallery HERE

Is there anyone else live in Philly and happened to go to the festival?

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    I don't live in the area, but a friend of mine who I studied Japanese with several years ago does... and she posted pictures on her flickr.

http://flickr.com/photos/itsumoshokyuuichi/sets/72157604528440995/

I am really envious of both you and her... wish I could have attended the cherry blossom viewing!!
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2008
    Thanks for posting the links to her gallery, yeah, pretty much it's similar, I even saw "Alice in Wonderland" in her shots too, great photos.

Is that her in the last photo in Orange/Red Jacket? I dont recall seeing her on the festival, she probably was there after I left , since I just spent an hour there, I hope next year I can stay till the end, and I hope next year you can come too :)
  • Options
    bikingbetsbikingbets Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    I love your gallery! thumb.gif
    What lens were you using?

Betsy
    Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM , 580EX ll
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2008
    Thank you ...

All photos in that Cherry Blossoms gallery were taken with Canon 100-400, still learning on how to use that lens on its best ...
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Those awesome blossoms make a great background for the Taiko drummers.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips