Options

SE v.107: now with Send To!!!

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
New version was uploaded.
  • Send to Smugmug - right from your Windows Explorer!
  • Brand new toolbar in the upload area
  • Full manual arranging in the upload area
  • Images prepared for upload can now be reassigned to different albums
  • Victor asked to provide a way to store data in a place available for an underprivileged user. Done. New default location for every "writable" data is you local application data. For existing installs, if you want to do it - rename your smugmugexplorer.ini file. Users with valid licenses should be careful, as it may lose your license info. Bottom line - if you already have working SE install - you don't have to do anything.
  • Miscellaneous improvements. Check Options dialog.
Hope you like it!

Cheers!:1drink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2005
    Man, you're working late/early! Thanks for the update! I've no images to test at the moment, but the iconbar looks good. Will give it a try maybe later.

Have a nice weekend,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2005
    Sorry for the late reply
    Man, you're working late/early! Thanks for the update! I've no images to test at the moment, but the iconbar looks good. Will give it a try maybe later.

Have a nice weekend,
    Sebastian
    I got caught off guard by the new rules. There is still a hope, though...

Thanks for checking, please let me know how it goes.. I changed a few things internally, so I'm a bit worried about the compatibility...

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    I got caught off guard by the new rules. There is still a hope, though...

Thanks for checking, please let me know how it goes.. I changed a few things internally, so I'm a bit worried about the compatibility...
    I just read the sad news...the final no...I'm terribly sorry for you, but I also understand SM's point. :cry But better now then when you're out of beta. ne_nau.gif

Back to topic: you wanted some testing, so here we go:
    - Assign images doesn't care for a selection, it just assigns all pictures from the albums which have selected pictures to the new album. Maybe this also applies to sub-/categories, I didn't check this yet.

- It would be nice if the selection is kept when I switch between albums, because I always tend to make a selection first and then choose the new album.

- Upload is still in progress and I'll report if anything goes wrong.

Hope you'll manage the big SM changes without to much effort! iloveyou.gif
    Even though I wish you a nice sunday,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2005
    Sebastian, thank you for the feedback!
    I just read the sad news...the final no...I'm terribly sorry for you, but I also understand SM's point. :cry But better now then when you're out of beta. ne_nau.gif

Back to topic: you wanted some testing, so here we go:
    - Assign images doesn't care for a selection, it just assigns all pictures from the albums which have selected pictures to the new album. Maybe this also applies to sub-/categories, I didn't check this yet.

- It would be nice if the selection is kept when I switch between albums, because I always tend to make a selection first and then choose the new album.

- Upload is still in progress and I'll report if anything goes wrong.

Hope you'll manage the big SM changes without to much effort! iloveyou.gif
    Even though I wish you a nice sunday,
    Sebastian
    As well as for your support!thumb.gif
    I will check the assign code asap.. and then go to my more sad routine of name changing.. argh..:cry
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    As well as for your support!thumb.gif
    I will check the assign code asap.. and then go to my more sad routine of name changing.. argh..:cry
    Don't be sad buddy, just remember when Microsoft forced the former Windows Commander to change it's name after 10 years of existence under that name! That was heavy and I'm still not used to the new name.

I just hope the icon could stay, because I really like the happy SM-miner with it's red miner hat in my taskbar!! I never saw the connection to the actual SM-logo, maybe that's because of my small iconsize. What about some minor adjustments to his face by making the eyes 1 pixel bigger or something like that.

Please stick to the icon! Let's make a petition! iloveyou.gif

Back to topic: I really like the iconbar, nice work. clap.gif
    What about adding drag&drop by directly being able to change the order of pictures by dragging them.
    When I drag in a bunch of pictures, the last one in the queue is always the first in SE. What's the point of that? I would like to have it reverse...last picture is also last one in SE queue. (maybe as an option in settings)

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2005
    I'm trying to hold my tears:-)
    Don't be sad buddy, just remember when Microsoft forced the former Windows Commander to change it's name after 10 years of existence under that name! That was heavy and I'm still not used to the new name.
    Sebastian
    I saw your post, and I want to thank you again for your support!
    I just hope the icon could stay, because I really like the happy SM-miner with it's red miner hat in my taskbar!! I never saw the connection to the actual SM-logo, maybe that's because of my small iconsize. What about some minor adjustments to his face by making the eyes 1 pixel bigger or something like that.
    Please stick to the icon! Let's make a petition! iloveyou.gif
    I like it too, but I highly doubt SM will go with this.
    I *heard* this icon of mine was considered to be
    1) kinda a blasphemy, mangling the original image, and
    2) some p.c. stiffs thought of it as of racist thingie - and blamed SM for allowing it..

Well, in any way - I promise I'll keep the hat. It came straight from one the Greatest Explorers Of All Times, Indiana Jones:-)
    Back to topic: I really like the iconbar, nice work. clap.gif
    Glad you like it!
    What about adding drag&drop by directly being able to change the order of pictures by dragging them.
    This will take a little more time. It's definitley doable, but not trivial. It was in the plans since day one, but I never had my hands on it. At least I put the buttons to let you guys achieve the full manual. Drag will come, too..
    When I drag in a bunch of pictures, the last one in the queue is always the first in SE. What's the point of that? I would like to have it reverse...last picture is also last one in SE queue. (maybe as an option in settings)
    Definitely a bug. Not a showstopper:-), but still an issue. I will take care of it.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers!1drink.gif
    Sebastian[/QUOTE]