D300 battery grip

vaio2006vaio2006 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited April 15, 2008 in Cameras
Is it worth getting the battery grip for the D300?

Comments

• jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    If you want 2 frames faster and a vertical grip I would say yes. With the great battery life of the D300, I wouldn't get one for extended battery life, just another battery. It's one of the few add ons that actually upgrades the camera from a pro-summer camera to a more pro type camera, almost.
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    vaio2006 wrote:
    Is it worth getting the battery grip for the D300?

Do you want to carry a second battery? Do you want to be able to use the more powerful D2X/D3 battery? Do you shoot in portrait format a lot? Do you shoot with large telephoto lenses a lot?
    Tim
  • vaio2006vaio2006 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Do you want to carry a second battery? Do you want to be able to use the more powerful D2X/D3 battery? Do you shoot in portrait format a lot? Do you shoot with large telephoto lenses a lot?

Well, I do alot of portrait (not necessary actual portraits) photography, as I do alot of sports photos that look better framed that way--- and that was the original reason that I started looking into it.

But as john68 said, if it does allow the camera to be more powerful, that is an intreguing aspect of it as well...