Options

Bike Show

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsBournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
edited April 14, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I'm of to a bike show tomorrow night, its held locally through the summer and attracts over a 1000 bikes on a weekly basis. I have been before but that was in my pre camera days. I know the bikes are parked side by side, whats the best way to photograph bikes when they are like that??

Regards

Tim

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    draggin wrote:
    I'm of to a bike show tomorrow night, its held locally through the summer and attracts over a 1000 bikes on a weekly basis. I have been before but that was in my pre camera days. I know the bikes are parked side by side, whats the best way to photograph bikes when they are like that??

Regards

Tim

With the bikes close together and a lot of people you have a few options. Of the bike themselves you will probably only be able to shoot the details of the bikes. Key features- specific parts- and paint.

Use shallow depth of field and you can try using fill flash to eliminate reflections in the chrome and paint. Forgot about that this weekend at the car show.

You can also shoot the people and if you can get to a higher elevation a wide angle group shot of the event is good too.

Have fun- talk with the owners- they may move the bike or get people to cler away for you too. Have some business cards to hand out. deal.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion