Options

Gallery Pricing Issues

coleygmcoleygm Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
edited April 14, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a standard 'portfolio' price that i apply to all my galleries. However, I now have one gallery that I would like to simply add a couple bucks per photo higher....but again only in this one specific gallery.

I would think this would be easy enough to do by using the the 'quick input' features. ..but it doesn't seem to work. All the prices are blanked out and i don't seem to be able to apply portfolio pricing...and then add the extra amount.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    coleygm wrote:
    I have a standard 'portfolio' price that i apply to all my galleries. However, I now have one gallery that I would like to simply add a couple bucks per photo higher....but again only in this one specific gallery.

I would think this would be easy enough to do by using the the 'quick input' features. ..but it doesn't seem to work. All the prices are blanked out and i don't seem to be able to apply portfolio pricing...and then add the extra amount.

any help is greatly appreciated.
    On the Custom Pro Pricing page you'll see
    setting prices for: image | gallery | galleries (bulk) | portfolio
    at the top.

If you click gallery you'll see the prices set for that gallery. For any blank,
    the portfolio price will apply. Enter a price and it will override the portfolio
    price.

. portfolio prices will flow down to image
    . blank price in portfolio will sell at Smugmug's default price and will flow down to image (no profit or email notice)
    . zero price in portfolio - not for sell and will flow down to image
    . prices in portfolio will flow down to image unless a different price is entered in gallery or image level
    . gallery prices will flow down to image

To use bulk you have to select a gallery with pricing already set at that
    level. If not set at gallery level all you'll see is the portfolio flow down.
    Make sense? Clear as mud? :D
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    coleygmcoleygm Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Hey Allen

thanks for the reply....yeah, i would think i could simply use the quick input to the set the gallery per another gallery that i use for all base pricing. ...then, after the correct numbers are filled in, i could simply increase all of them by a percentage. ...however when i ask to set it per my other gallery, i see the drop down that indicates it's retreiving the gallery pricing, but then never fills in the amounts.

make sense? ...and/or am i doing something wrong. Again, i simply want to take the current prices of a gallery and increase the per picture price by a couple bucks.

thanks again