a childs look

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited April 15, 2008 in People
I find the look in this child's eyes haunting. Comments appreciated.

279627662_7VGd6-L.jpg

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    A well done candid. His eyes are haunting.....hopefully, its just a split second look the camera preserved and not things to come mwink.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Maybe protecting his sis's?
    Growing with Dgrin

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    He definitely has the look of a child that has seen more then a child should see. Haunting...yes.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    just for fun, it might be cool to select out the background and blur it a bit.
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    just for fun, it might be cool to select out the background and blur it a bit.

Exactly what I was thinking. You should try that.

Nice shot, by the way thumb.gif

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    dawssvt wrote:
    Exactly what I was thinking. You should try that.

Nice shot, by the way thumb.gif
    thanks for your comments... yes I did blur out the back ground, specially that chair.. :) and I did'nt think it worked... lost it's reality.. but maybe I'll have another go and tone it down.
    thanks again
    Lynn
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    lynnma wrote:
    thanks for your comments... yes I did blur out the back ground, specially that chair.. :) and I did'nt think it worked... lost it's reality.. but maybe I'll have another go and tone it down.
    thanks again
    Lynn

You probably know this--I never know how much advice to give, a lot of people on this forum are much further down the road than me. Anyway, if you put the bluring in a separate layer, all you have to do is change the opacity of that layer to adjust how much of that blurring you see.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    You probably know this--I never know how much advice to give, a lot of people on this forum are much further down the road than me. Anyway, if you put the bluring in a separate layer, all you have to do is change the opacity of that layer to adjust how much of that blurring you see.
    Thanks Josh.. no I appreciate your input. I'm familiar with photoshop and layer masks I just did'nt like the finished product no matter what I did.. it still looked wrong.. maybe what I should do is really darken the background on that side.. could add drama.. or not :D I'm parked on the edge of I-84 in my rv on the way back from Fl so maybe I should wait to get home...