one more pactice

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited April 15, 2008 in People

Comments

• dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    I love the last one. I think this is one of the best pictures you have taken so far. Nice work thumb.gif

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    1-I like the pose and exposure even though the light striking her chins is a bit on the hot side. I don't like the orange object in the BG. A slightly lower camera angle would have let the BG roughly be divided into thirds. Maybe less centering would be better.

2- This one doesnt have the pop that the first one does. I like the off centered composition better, but you should pose folks so that the bottoms of their feet do not show....even if they are wearing shoes.

3-This has even less pop and appears under exposed. The expression is great...the pose not so great. To me she is too square to the camera and I am thinking that a similar pose with all her limbs intact would have been more flattering.

4-My favorite. I wish that her elbows were in the frame. Even so, you may have cropped a tad tight on the feet as well. If it were framed, the toes may fall under the edge of a matte. It also appears that it could handle some more exposure and contrast. I actually like the contrast here on my monitor, but am thinking that it would be overly dark in print.
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    I LOOOOVE the last one! They are all great!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Last one is my favorite....great smile, lighting and composition. thumb.gif I also like #1.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • qsjewlqsjewl Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Josh,
    I actually really like #3, maybe because I'm biased....I'm from El Paso (now live in VA) and I really miss the mountains. I love seeing them in the background. I like #4 as well. Keep up the good work.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    1-I like the pose and exposure even though the light striking her chins is a bit on the hot side. I don't like the orange object in the BG. A slightly lower camera angle would have let the BG roughly be divided into thirds. Maybe less centering would be better.

2- This one doesnt have the pop that the first one does. I like the off centered composition better, but you should pose folks so that the bottoms of their feet do not show....even if they are wearing shoes.

3-This has even less pop and appears under exposed. The expression is great...the pose not so great. To me she is too square to the camera and I am thinking that a similar pose with all her limbs intact would have been more flattering.

4-My favorite. I wish that her elbows were in the frame. Even so, you may have cropped a tad tight on the feet as well. If it were framed, the toes may fall under the edge of a matte. It also appears that it could handle some more exposure and contrast. I actually like the contrast here on my monitor, but am thinking that it would be overly dark in print.

Thanks for taking the time. I agree with all your comments. it occurs to me I was taking on two new things at once and probably should only done one. I just got a prime lense--85mm 1.8 and, I am starting to shoot raw. Getting used to those new controls is a bit of a learning curve for me. I see the possibilitites of it, but still need some practice. Again, thanks for taking the time.