firmware updates for Nikon D3

dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
edited April 15, 2008 in Cameras
just posted on Nikon's support site:

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=Vm_3Zj1j&p_lva=&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_page=1&p_cv=1.186&p_pv=2.452&p_prods=19%2C452&p_cats=186&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=19&prod_lvl2=452&cat_lvl1=186&p_search_text=&srch_btn_submit=%A0%A0%A0Search%A0%A0%A0&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=answers.search_nl

Modifications Enabled with upgrade of A and B firmware from ver. 1.00 to ver.1.10
  • A "Vignette Control" item has been added to the "Shooting Menu".
  • A focus point brightness item has been added to the "a6: Focus point illumination" setting in the "Autofocus" category in the "Custom Settings".
  • The "Highlights" playback display option has been moved from "Display mode > Basic photo info > Highlights" in the playback menu to "Display Mode > Detailed photo info > Highlights".
  • When shutter speed and/or aperture are locked when shooting in LiveView mode, using the "L" (command lock) button, an "L" icon is now displayed in the camera monitor.
  • The size and color of "Demo" displayed in the monitor with playback, when "No memory card?" in the "Custom Settings" is set to "Enable Release", have been modified.
  • The range of settings available for "ISO sensitivity settings > ISO sensitivity auto control > Minimum shutter speed" in the Shooting Menu has been increased from 1/250th - 1s to 1/4000s - 1s.
  • When a compatible Speedlight or Wireless Speedlight Commander is used, the AF assist illuminator now lights regardless of focal length.
  • When shooting in hand-held LiveView mode and the frame is magnified prior to autofocusing, operation has been modified so that display returns to the magnified display rather than full-frame display.
  • In some rare cases, white balance was not accurately calculated for images captured at a shutter speed of around 1/4s in P and A exposure modes. This issue has been resolved.
  • When attempting to crop images at an aspect ratio of 4:3 using the "Trim" option in the "Retouch" menu, the cropped image did not have an accurate 4:3 aspect ratio. This issue has been resolved.
doesn't seem as there there's anything radical here. i'll probably be applying it tonite to my d3 when i get home.
- Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
- my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
- follow me on twitter: @danginphoto