WTF is up with the looooooong wait times?

Kory LidstromKory Lidstrom Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
edited April 16, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I just created a new gallery with square thumbnails. But, because the powers that be here have not implemented a way to quickly adjust the crops on all thumbs at once, I am manually doing it to those thumbs that need it.

This is tedious enough in and of itself, but it is being made even worse -- much worse -- by the fact that it sometimes takes FIVE MINUTES for a single thumb to adjust itself. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. Luckily for me, I only have about 20 thumbs to adjust out of over 90 in my gallery. But what if I had to do 50? Or all of them? IT WOULD TAKE FOREVER!

SmugMug, what are you doing about this? It's ridiculous, and frankly I expect more from you. Overall, I love SM and have been very happy. But, the agonizing slowness of this new feature of yours is the first time I've been really frustrated, and it eaves much to be desired.

(Sorry if I seem cranky. Right now, I am cranky because of the issue outlined above.)
I see the world through a 3:2 rectangle.

My site:Fine Image Photography

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Nug,

I'm not Smugmug, and I never do thumbs individually, BUT, have you thought about opening a tab or new window for each one that you have to adjust? No need to wait for each one to complete, AFAIK.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • TrasmcTrasmc Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Have you tried the Bulk Zoom Thumbnail option - you need to add it to your customize page, but it's easy to cut and paste the code.

Check this thread out for instructions.
    Learning a little more every day.

Come visit me at...

www.brickstreetphotos.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Hi Nug, sorry for the frustrating wait tonight! We're on it and we'll unjam things as soon as we can.
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Nug, sorry for the frustrating wait tonight! We're on it and we'll unjam things as soon as we can.
    The 'Powers' have done some work. Give the 'zoom' a try again.

BTW, it took me about 3 minutes when I first checked, 20 seconds after the 'fix'.
  • Kory LidstromKory Lidstrom Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    Ok, it's much better now, thanks. :D

FWIW, I do indeed have the BZT installed, and used to use it all the time before SM implemented square thumbs. For some reason, BZT doesn't work now. As long as SM's way works, I shouldn't need BZT anymore. Still, it'd be nice to know just why BZT doesn't work anymore...
    I see the world through a 3:2 rectangle.

My site:Fine Image Photography