Printing and i2e, how good is it?

treestrees Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 15, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi all, this is my first thread, and post for that matter, I hope it's in the right area. I want to print out a lot (i.e. up to maybe 1500) of photos off my smugmug website and want to know how effective the i2e program that EZprints uses is?
Whilst travelling I shot them all with a simple, compact Pentax digital (was shooting Velvia on my SLR) and to be honest cannot be bothered individually editing them all in Photoshop, plus I am a complete beginner using Photoshop.

I was very impressed with the pics my old man took on his new D40 with the VR28-200 lens, he had adjusted the custom settings to those suggested by Ken Rockwell, which seems only to have been to set enhanced saturation + , and exposure compensation to -0.7 . This seems to give all the pics the punch and contrast that I personally like, is this same effect going to be achieved en masse by the i2e program when I get my pics printed? Or do I need to set up an action of some sort in Photoshop and attempt to do them all in a batch?

I had some semi success running an action in Photoshop on other pics I had printed locally, though many came out too contrasty and kinda red (they had all looked too blue to me originally!).
Sorry for the long question, I searched around here for answers but this ones kinda specific, :scratch
cheers