Maternity

savETheducksavETheduck Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited April 16, 2008 in People
Today I am supposed to go shoot some maternity shots for a friend at a beach and am just looking for some advice/examples of some out of studio maternity.

I will be using a friends Nikon D70 the lenses and flash i have available to me are:
Nikkor 28-80mm 1:3.3-5.6G
Nikkor 70-300mm 1:4-5.6G

Nikon Speedlight SB-28 (so i know i don't have the luxury of off camera flash)

any advice is gretly appreciated :)

Comments

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    Today I am supposed to go shoot some maternity shots for a friend at a beach and am just looking for some advice/examples of some out of studio maternity.
    any advice is gretly appreciated :)

Depending on the weather/light, you may not need to use the flash, but I would recommend if you are in harsh light (very likely considering reflection of the sun off the water, and/or if it is mid day sun) you might consider underexposing the background a bit and use fill flash.

I did a session about two years ago on a beach, and this may give you an idea for posing (image clickable to gallery). Looking back I really need to re-edit these as many are underexposed and lack contrast. Live and learn!

120561002_gHVWS-L-2.jpg
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • savETheducksavETheduck Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    Depending on the weather/light, you may not need to use the flash, but I would recommend if you are in harsh light (very likely considering reflection of the sun off the water, and/or if it is mid day sun) you might consider underexposing the background a bit and use fill flash.

I did a session about two years ago on a beach, and this may give you an idea for posing (image clickable to gallery). Looking back I really need to re-edit these as many are underexposed and lack contrast. Live and learn!

120561002_gHVWS-L-2.jpg

thank you VERY much i appreciate the adice and examples :)