Camera Advise

bellaphotobellaphoto Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited April 18, 2008 in Cameras
i am going to be taking a Photography I Dark room, film, etc... i would like professional advise on a good 35 mm camera to buy, i would be buying used. but i want a good professional SLR 35 mm. any suggestions????? thanks

romina
Romina Ludovico

Comments

• SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    Nikon F100.

You can find them for much cheaper than that. Check out Ebay. It's a fantastic camera. I have one in my bag as a backup for my digital backup. I just wish film wasn't so expensive to develop etc, or I'd shoot w/ it all the time. (I'm trigger happy when I shoot and can't afford 15 rolls of film for every time I go to shoot)
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    Romina, your local camera store probably has a great selection of used Nikon and Canon film bodies, and ridiculously low prices. You can probably pick up a used Nikon 2020, a really versatile body, for less than $75.00. The nice thing about a late model used SLR from any of the major brands is that most lenses you'd want to use with a DSLR (which you'll eventually buy) will work with the film body.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • bellaphotobellaphoto Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    cameras
    SWEET! thanks a bunch. i will look into one.mwink.gif
    Icebear wrote:
    Romina, your local camera store probably has a great selection of used Nikon and Canon film bodies, and ridiculously low prices. You can probably pick up a used Nikon 2020, a really versatile body, for less than $75.00. The nice thing about a late model used SLR from any of the major brands is that most lenses you'd want to use with a DSLR (which you'll eventually buy) will work with the film body.
    Romina Ludovico
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    Here's an obvious question missed so far: what are you using right now? ne_nau.gif

If you already have a rig with some good glass, I'd look in the same manufacturer's lineup to leverage money already spent. For example, recommending the F100 to me is kind of pointless as I don't have any Nikon glass, but I do have a nice collection of Canon glass, so recommending an EOS-1 or EOS-3 makes more sense.
  • bellaphotobellaphoto Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    cameras
    I have a Nikon D40 DSLR. i need a 35 mm for school. i have a Nikon N80 but its broken and it will cost more to fix it then to just get another used one.

thanks
    Here's an obvious question missed so far: what are you using right now? ne_nau.gif

If you already have a rig with some good glass, I'd look in the same manufacturer's lineup to leverage money already spent. For example, recommending the F100 to me is kind of pointless as I don't have any Nikon glass, but I do have a nice collection of Canon glass, so recommending an EOS-1 or EOS-3 makes more sense.
    Romina Ludovico
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2008
    Then the current suggestions for Nikon bodies are good ones. thumb.gif ...and we Canonites can all keep our suggestions to ourselves. ;)
  • nightowlcatnightowlcat Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2008
    In chatting with a camera shop owner, he did mention that on the 2020, watch the battery compartment for corrosion. I have one here tucked away in a drawer that I've yanked the batteries out of while it sits, but I should probably pull it out and look it over and sell it rather than leave it idle.