Here We Go Again.. Sorry Harry..lol

k2c1959k2c1959 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
edited April 17, 2008 in Cameras
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away......

" I wasn't born in Oklahoma, but I got here as fast as I could! "

http://k2c-ridge.smugmug.com/
Member NAPP

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    No big surprise here. The D3X has been rumored for some time now. I would expect Nikon to release two new DSLRs before the end of the year, the D3X and an upgrade of the D80.

Fortunately I'm happy with my D3 and D300. I don't need 24 MPs. I would have to upgrade my PC, get a bunch of new CF cards, and upgrade my storage capacity if I started to shoot with a 24 MP camera.:whew

Right now I'm saving my pennies for the 14-24 2.8.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    This sounds awesome. If Nikon wants to increase market penetration they need a new flagship so the D3 can drop in price and slide into the hands of people like me who can't afford a flagship. The leap from the D2 to D3 series needs greater market penetration and this sounds like a good way to do it.

Truthfully, I'm just hoping the saturation lowers the D2X to an affordable price. Stupid college. Costs me 4 D3's a year....
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • SavedByZeroSavedByZero Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    Harryb wrote:
    I don't need 24 MPs. I would have to upgrade my PC,

Really just ONE 10.2mp 8bit .TIFF picture file nearly brings my PC to a stand still as it now. A full blown 24mp .TIFF file just might cause my motherboard to melt.
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2008
    [flame suit on]

Sony > Nikon thumb.gif

[/flame suit on]

Nah, more like Sony = Nikon, since they're all Sony sensors as the article points out.

Unfortunately I guess they still want to play the MP race. Here's a clue guys: we have enough pixels. We want what we have to be BETTER pixels.