Options

HP Deskjet 1220 C printer problems

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited April 21, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
Morning Folks,
I need the help of the printer gods pronto:bow I have an HP 1220 c printer that was discovered in a work site trailer. After cleaning it up and removing the dust from the inside, it looked like it needed new cartdridges. After replacing them, I did a few test prints and everything was fine, or so it seemed. It will print excellent text and graphics on standard paper. However, when you attempt to load any type of photo paper, it will not pull it in. It appears to stop just short of the print head. If you force it, it will load, but then it leaves small blank areas on a print. I have cleaned the rollers a few times, inspected the gear system, even tried to update the driver, but to no avail. Apparently HP is aware of this problem, but does not have a definitive answer. Kinda like Canon and the err 99 syndrome. If anyone has any experience with this particular model or any additional ideas that might work, I would greatly appreciate it :thumb
Thank you very much.
Have a good day :D
Jim...

Comments

• Options
    c2aggiec2aggie Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 21, 2008
    I have a 1220 also. Love it for straight printing. Problem appears to be pickup for photo paper. I have wasted more paper than I care to remember. That is why I switched to a Canon i9900. The rear feed on the 1220 does not do any better.

Marc
  • Options
    jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    c2aggie wrote:
    I have a 1220 also. Love it for straight printing. Problem appears to be pickup for photo paper. I have wasted more paper than I care to remember. That is why I switched to a Canon i9900. The rear feed on the 1220 does not do any better.

Marc

Good Afternoon Marc,
    I didn't pay for the printer, but I did perform about an hours' worth of maintenance and my company did pick up the cost of both cartridges. I agree that for straight forward printing, the text and grahics on plain paper came out very nice. None the less, it's still an expensive printer, and for the money, you would think they (HP) would have a better idea as to what the problem really is.
    Have a good afternoon :D
    Jim...