Options

Printing wedding proof sheets??

T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
edited April 26, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
I don't know if this is where to ask, but in February, I shot my first wedding for a friend (who begged...). I told her I would just upload everything to smugmug and she knows my work and was good with that. Now, she needs a proof album and all I usually do is provide the website link and online proofs. I put all of her digital files on my smugmug folder and she and some of her family can view them there for prints...but she is headed to Virginia to relatives who have no access to a computer (amazing in this day and age LOL).

Anyway, I am now trying to figure out how to print some 500 plus pictures for her in some sort of proof album for her to take with her. I have no idea where to get one printed and she just wants something cheap and quick. I can make contact sheets and upload them to smugmug to print and then make it into a book...but I figure there has to be an easier way.

I was really hoping to find a site that I could upload all the digitals and they would make a cheap contact sheet book with decent clarity for viewing, but not so nice that they could be scanned.

Any ideas??
Tina Folsom :lust
Photographer and Mom of Four!

Comments

• Options
    DRebelGirlDRebelGirl Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2005
    Here's one way....
    T4Tots wrote:
    I don't know if this is where to ask, but in February, I shot my first wedding for a friend (who begged...). I told her I would just upload everything to smugmug and she knows my work and was good with that. Now, she needs a proof album and all I usually do is provide the website link and online proofs. I put all of her digital files on my smugmug folder and she and some of her family can view them there for prints...but she is headed to Virginia to relatives who have no access to a computer (amazing in this day and age Laughing.gif).

Anyway, I am now trying to figure out how to print some 500 plus pictures for her in some sort of proof album for her to take with her. I have no idea where to get one printed and she just wants something cheap and quick. I can make contact sheets and upload them to smugmug to print and then make it into a book...but I figure there has to be an easier way.

I was really hoping to find a site that I could upload all the digitals and they would make a cheap contact sheet book with decent clarity for viewing, but not so nice that they could be scanned.

Any ideas??
    Try MPix.com. I know they do what you are asking....it may not be as cheap as you'd like though....not sure.
    Shoot first...ask questions later! :thumb
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2005
    Another option you might consider is a DVD slideshow of all the images. Most people have a DVD player.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2005
    ACK!!! Why didn't I think of that!!! I have photodex.....A dvd will be perfect unless of course the darn people with no access to a computer also have no access to a dvd player rolleyes1.gif
    edited April 9, 2005
    For any others out there searching for an answer I found ProFoto.
    edited April 26, 2005
    photodex
    I love that program but it dosn't love me.. i can only do 50 photos per mpeg any more and it get to 80% and crashes.. All photos are saved from cs as level 12.. maybe the mb is to high for the program... So I usually make 7 files then take those 7 and use vegas (sony) to put togther.
    www.dipphoto.com
    All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust