Field Photography

imonkimonk Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited April 23, 2008 in Landscapes
Literally, photos of fields :) Took these while on a shoot for my work. It was a house shoot and I'd already taken some of the 'views' when I saw this and grabbed a couple of shots for my son who LOVES tractors. But the light was so nice on the field that I really like them. Thought I'd share and get any CC or thoughts on them.

281324416_sQdbU-L.jpg

281327080_zNWaU-L.jpg

Cheers
Ian

Comments

• jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2008
    Ian
    Nice photo, Gentle rolling hills good contrast and detail. Now is that tractor on fire or is he spreading lime.ne_nau.gif

John
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2008
    I like them both. Did you get any close-ups of the tractor for your kid? :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    It looks like the tractor is having some problems. What is planted in this field? It is so beautiful.
  • imonkimonk Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    Thanks for the comments guys, I think they are quite calming images but a nicer sky and slightly more dynamic lighting would have made them much better.

I'm not sure what the crop is but the Tractor seemed to be spraying rather than breaking down :)

Cheers
    Ian
  • SunnyvalejohnSunnyvalejohn Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    nice image and it really works with the tractor. The green flowing hills are great and the blue tractor really offsets the green well. I would really like to see it again without the tractor, possibly some nice clouds or some fog?!! work that location!! Marc Adamus will work with a single location for days at a time to get the perfect shot. Keep going!

Enjoy
    John
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Like the take in #1. Nice pic. thumb.gif
    The white smoke is unexpected though. Sorta like he blew the engine. :D
    Michael
  • SaltWaterHippoSaltWaterHippo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    I love taking pictures like that too, especially when the fields look all wavey and curvy like that. I'm from Scotland and that looks alot like the scenery here, Where was it taken?
    edited April 23, 2008
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. I do have a couple of a field just along the road from the tractor pics with some nice clouds on them, but unfortunately it was the middle of the day and I was there for a house shoot rather than landscapes.

281320727_uk9uX-L.jpg

281323337_YBV4b-L.jpg

And SaltWaterHippo you're spot on, it was taken near a place called Milnathort which is just in Perthshire, right next to Loch Leven :) I'm in Livingston myself but I'm originally from Dunfermline. Whereabouts are you?

Thanks for the comments guys :) Now I know it's there I'm thinking of heading back early one morning for some shots.
    edited April 23, 2008
    Amazing....the fields are so neat and orderly...wish my house was rolleyes1.gif

I like the lines in the green fields. What is that for? Water?
    edited April 23, 2008
    I don't think it's for water, I think that's the tracks left by the tractor. It uses those for planting and for harvesting. I think anyway, I'm no farmer, I don't even like gardening lol

They do look nice with the light on them but I'm thinking a nice sunrise with warm light raking across them might look nicer. Wont have time to try that for a month or two though :(

Does anyone else have a mental list of locations that keeps getting longer and longer?? :)

Cheers
    Ian
    edited April 23, 2008
    imonk wrote:
    I don't think it's for water, I think that's the tracks left by the tractor. It uses those for planting and for harvesting. I think anyway, I'm no farmer, I don't even like gardening lol

They do look nice with the light on them but I'm thinking a nice sunrise with warm light raking across them might look nicer. Wont have time to try that for a month or two though :(

Does anyone else have a mental list of locations that keeps getting longer and longer?? :)

Cheers
    Ian

I can see a sunset or sunrise on this location, but the clouds shadows over the fields is a beautiful photo. One I can't get where I live....it's to flat :D