Down with time.

jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited April 22, 2008 in Landscapes
This old dairy barn as seen better days. Some 20 years ago they were milking approximate a hundred head twice a day. But today most of that farmland is residential.:scratch
diry-barn.jpg

John

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    What a wonderful place to photograph. Nice photo, but I see this done in BW since its a cloudy day and it may add some drama to the empty place. Did the farmer build a bigger barn someplace else?

Idea for you if you plan on returing.....photograph this on a sunny day with some clouds. You can look though the large window on the second floor with hopes of catching a cloud or two in it....sorry I just love abandoned places like this :D

Do you plan on going back?
  • jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    What a wonderful place to photograph. Nice photo, but I see this done in BW since its a cloudy day and it may add some drama to the empty place. Did the farmer build a bigger barn someplace else?

Idea for you if you plan on returing.....photograph this on a sunny day with some clouds. You can look though the large window on the second floor with hopes of catching a cloud or two in it....sorry I just love abandoned places like this :D

Do you plan on going back?

Thanks for looking Mary. Just about the only color I have here is the grass.
    Yes deftly I will shoot this again it's only about 6 miles away. The farmer sold out to developers. 25 years ago land was about 500 to a thousand and acre. Now you're lucky if you can find it for 5,000 and acre.

John
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    jsmiley wrote:
    Thanks for looking Mary. Just about the only color I have here is the grass.
    Yes deftly I will shoot this again it's only about 6 miles away. The farmer sold out to developers. 25 years ago land was about 500 to a thousand and acre. Now you're lucky if you can find it for 5,000 and acre.

John

I'm glad to hear your heading back there. To bad the farmer didn't wait...he would have made more money, but then its not always about the money.

I will be looking for another post of this in the furture :D
  • jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    Thanks, everyone. Your comments are appreciated.mwink.gifclap.gif