Great compact camera (nikon S600)

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited April 19, 2008 in Cameras
To start this off, currently I can't use my hands much from what seems to be a pinched nerve (and was misdiagnosed for about three months but that's another story) so I'm in a situation where I can't even type (speech recognition programs have gotten a lot better) and more importantly, use a camera. Almost none of the cameras out there, even the ultra compacts felt good, but because the zoom buttons are on the back and not a toggle switch up top the Nikon s series shutter release button was low enough on the body to use comfortably and it is also light enough for my current needs. The only problem with it is, there is a lack of manual features but at least it allows for exposure control with pretty standard deviations from base metering so I can get about the right exposure.

The reason I got this camera was to allow me to continue doing work with cityscapes, macro and landscapes. But today after I had to go for an MRI I decided to check out a show. And even though point-and-shoot cameras are really horrible for concert work due to the fact that traditionally they have tons of noise at high ISO settings, as well as lag time from when you hit the shutter button. This camera has done a lot better in both categories, and even though it made for some nice photos without the instant feedback of an SLR. The ability to capture the exact moment that you want isn't there, but even with this limitation. I was very surprised with the available light performance:
21jw4s5.jpg

Comments