My First Time (Shooting a Game!)

ReeseliteReeselite Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 19, 2008 in Sports
So it's supposed to be sunny and warm today. We were supposed to head out of town (inlaws) but decided to stick around here. I am surrounded by neighbors with kids in different tournaments today.....so I decided to go to one (10 and under boys baseball) after lunch and try out my new XTI.

I am on day four and several hundred photos in and I am having so much fun. I have not gotten any new lenses yet, so I am just going to be using the 300 that came with the camera. I just want to get a feel for it and see what I can come up with.

I have no idea whatsoever what I will do once I get there, but I have read everything I can here and I have tatooed the words "face/ball/action" on my hand in case I forget!

My main goal today is to try and get some good shots of three of the kids I know for composites I want to make.

I know it will be painful to post my results, but I know that I won't "do better" unless I "know better"---so yeah, you have been warned. :uhoh

Will post the least embarrassing one later today.

If anyone has any last minute advice before I go, please let me know. I imagine we will find the mom's and dad's when we get there and say hello and then go from there.

I can just go on the field and stand behind the umpire, right? :rofl

I'll be back! :D

Several hours later.....

I'm back! Had so much fun. Still trying to learn the camera so I didn't mess with much. The rest are loading....but here are a few.

The last three photos---kid slides in....players are sure he is out....umpire says otherwise. Loved the looks on their faces.

281838587_vcwSB-M.jpg

281843361_pCbQ7-M.jpg

281844027_Tp66o-M.jpg

281844223_Uqvvm-M.jpg

Comments

• OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    [I can just go on the field and stand behind the umpire, right?]

No, no, no!!! It's much better to stand just behind the catcher and right in front of the umpire. Don't worry about the umpire, he won't even notice you because, as we all know, all umpires are blind wings.gif
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • ReeseliteReeselite Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 19, 2008
    Got it!

If they were older, I might even attempt to sit on the catcher's knee.

But, since it's 10-year-old boys, I am afraid I would only wind up on the news tonight.

And not in a good way. rolleyes1.gif

reese