First review of the 14-35F2 Top Pro Oly

harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited April 20, 2008 in Cameras
Oly has finally started to ship its 14-35F2 top pro lens. Now the price in the UK is £1600 = $3400USD, although in the US its about $2200USD which is just seriously spendy and raises the question is it worth spendy that kind of cash on this particular lens ? If its as good and sharp as the 35-100F2 then I can see why some people would want to have it - full length portraits, head and shoulder shots etc esp in studio would be stunning. Here's the first review of the beastie - its a big beast of a lens by any standard:

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=3412

Cheers

Harj

:D :thumb

Comments

• mosallmosall Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    harjtt wrote:
    Oly has finally started to ship its 14-35F2 top pro lens. Now the price in the UK is £1600 = $3400USD, although in the US its about $2200USD which is just seriously spendy and raises the question is it worth spendy that kind of cash on this particular lens ? If its as good and sharp as the 35-100F2 then I can see why some people would want to have it - full length portraits, head and shoulder shots etc esp in studio would be stunning. Here's the first review of the beastie - its a big beast of a lens by any standard:

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=3412

Cheers

Harj

:Dthumb.gif

Lens size has never really bothered me but this thing is huge. This is a very thoughtful review thanks for sharing. The price tag will certainly keep it out of my hands.
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    Its a good review but liek you said its just way too spendy and big. I'm wondering how it would compare to the 24-70 2.8L (@£800.00) which is nearly half the price of the oly. Personally i think they need to drop the price whether Oly does or not is something else. In the meantime I'm looking at the Leica d 25mm f1.4 instead - I'll use my feet to zoom in that 20mm and save 50% of the price of the F2.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 20, 2008
    Another superb optic from Olympus. Thanks for sharing the link. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums