Been practicing more people shots.. nephew and friend

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited April 21, 2008 in People
I have been attempting more people shots. Luckily my nephew was kinda letting me take pictures of him and a friend's little brother allowed me to shoot him while skateboarding.

282488929_PDgnx-L.jpg

I think the eyes are a little off...

282489141_eSxHw-L.jpg

My nephew!! He usually exclaims, "No pictures allowed here!" What's wrong with that little guy... :scratch

282489210_SxmME-L.jpg

282489364_AToBN-L.jpg

Mom and Son.

282491502_2dfNF-L.jpg

His dad and him

282489861_fccnN-L.jpg

282489802_rwb8q-L.jpg

Attempting sports photography! :rofl

282491569_xCWVc-L.jpg

I thought at first my lens was really dirty with those specs, towards where he is looking, but then I remembered we were being swarmed with a ton of pesky flies!

Thanks for looking!
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Nice shots.

I am not fond of the angle of 1 and 2. It looks like the natural angle of an adult shooting a child. I like it better when you get down at eye level, as you did in some others.

Oddly, this angle seems to work for adults. But so many snapshots are natually taken with kids at this angle, I think it works better to drop a knee and get at their level. but then, I could be wrong. I am knew to this.
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Hmm.. I will try to get lower to get on my nephews height to shoot. Which was weird cause he was near the top of the ramp and I was at the bottom! haha!

I kinda like photos with this angle and the angle you say I should do for kids. Varies things up!

Thanks for looking!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Hmm.. I will try to get lower to get on my nephews height to shoot. Which was weird cause he was near the top of the ramp and I was at the bottom! haha!

I kinda like photos with this angle and the angle you say I should do for kids. Varies things up!

Thanks for looking!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Remember what you paid for this advice!!! ;-)
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    #5 is actually a pretty good capture. I like the composition because it really communicates the energy and movement of what is going on. Great job on that one! :D