my D300 radial lense glare

clickclickclickclick Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 22, 2008 in Cameras
i bought mine a month ago here in mideast and i thought i was just having radial glares with my pictures. ...when my friend bought one,i discovered
there is like a small circular blur on the mirror of my D300.i thought it was like those of the old manual SLRs to find focus but it's not.my friend's D300 has clean mirror when u peep in the view finder.
so,obviously,there is a fault in my unit,right? ...anybody has the same problem? cause the printouts come with this glare like blur in the middle of the pictures:cry

Comments

• The RoadrunnerThe Roadrunner Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    ClickClick - I have had my D300 for about a month, and everything is working fine. There is no circular blur on my mirror either. All lenses focus quickly an accurately. Even my old Tokina 80-200mm F/2.8 APO focuses much faster than on my D70.

Sounds like you need Nikon's service to replace or clean the mirror. Since it is a new camera, I wouldn't mess with the mirror as it may negate your warranty. rolleyes1.gif

Good luck!
    Roadrunner
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    If you can see it through the viewfinder and on the print, then it must be on the lens since the mirror moves out of the way for the exposure to take place. Have you tried another lens?

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • clickclickclickclick Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 22, 2008
    yes, sad to say that i have a 50mm fixed, 70-200 VR and a kit lens i got together with my old D40x. ...i tried all of them and produced that circular blurr in view n on print. =(
    anyway,i'll head to my nikon dealer store this weekend.hope no fuzz about it.hope for the best. ...i was just wondering if anybody had the same problem. ...:D thanks guys.