Glacier - Shootout '07

DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
edited April 23, 2008 in Landscapes
As usual, I'm running behind everyone else. I did post some of the wildlife shots shortly after the shootout. I'm just now getting to doing the scenic landscape shots.

Here are a few from the shootout.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Click on the images for EXIF data.

282809025_Z5eTU-XL.jpg

282841414_ZRQpJ-XL.jpg

282882344_GP4Ea-XL.jpg

On the way out to the falls.
282851272_jJgsw-XL.jpg

A little black bear that I finally got around to processing.
282904389_fEELd-XL.jpg

This wasn't taken at Glacier NP, but it was taken on the same trip as I wound my way around the Pacific NW. Just once I would like to see this view in Yosemite NP without any haze. Regretfully, those days may be gone forever.
282465341_PGKEk-XL.jpg

I hope that you enjoyed them. Thanks for looking.
Dixie
Photographs by Dixie
| Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!

Comments

• CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Beautiful job. It's better late than never, and you got them done way before the next shootout.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Dixie

I am so jealous, Those are just gorgeous shots..clap.gifclap.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Dixie wrote:

282809025_Z5eTU-S.jpg

:jawdrop Absolutely amazing! Where was this? Was I there? bowdown.gif
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    Beautiful job. It's better late than never, and you got them done way before the next shootout.

Cuong

Thanks. I just barely beat it since I'll be going to that area in two weeks. I'm by-passing Arches since I'll be there for the '08 Shootout, but I will be going to Zion for sure and maybe Bryce Canyon. Then on to Death Valley prior to doing my annual motorcycle Run For The Wall.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    edited April 21, 2008
    jsmiley wrote:
    Dixie

I am so jealous, Those are just gorgeous shots..clap.gifclap.gif

Thanks, John. Let me know when you head to the Smoky Mountains. I will be there this weekend. I normally stay in the Tremont Family Campground which is the last one before entering the park from Townsend.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited April 21, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    :jawdrop Absolutely amazing! Where was this? Was I there? bowdown.gif

schmoo,

Thanks for the very kind comments.

I think that it is Reynolds Mountain. If not Reynolds then it is either Mount Brown, Clements Mtn, or Mt Oberlin. It was shot with my EF 70-200mm f/2.8 at 200mm so it wasn't all that close.

The shot was made the morning of Sept 30th from an overlook looking westward a few miles from where the GTTS road was closed off. If you recalled we had some snow the afternoon of Sept 25th and this shot was done the very next morning before the sun came out.

I was by my lonesome when I took the shot so you weren't there when it was taken. I was out looking for wildlife and some scenics with the snow. I think a lot of people had gone out towards Many Glacier Road that morning.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    They're all gorgeous! I think #2 is my favorite. Thanks for posting. It's never too late to see beautiful pics!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
  • greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Amazing shots Dixie! I guess this is one of those examples of save the best for last. Thanks for posting!
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
    edited April 22, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    They're all gorgeous! I think #2 is my favorite. Thanks for posting. It's never too late to see beautiful pics!

Thanks, Elaine.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited April 22, 2008
    Those two first shots are stunning!! bowdown.gif

Thank you, Mike. A little snow and stormy skys tend to help.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited April 22, 2008
    greenpea wrote:
    Amazing shots Dixie! I guess this is one of those examples of save the best for last. Thanks for posting!

Thanks, Andrew. I think that it is more of a case of procrastination rather than trying to "save the best for last."
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    #1 is simply awe-inspiring and my favorite in a very impressive post.
    Then again, I'm a sucker for a well framed and interesting mountain display so you managed to find my favorite.

Thanks for sharing!
    P.S. Darn those bears in yosemite! They keep hiding from me right when I have an interesting subject to place them :)
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    Being late with stuff like this is my greatest wish Dixie. Amazing thumb.gif Hows that monster truck going ?
    edited April 23, 2008
    Pezpix wrote:
    #1 is simply awe-inspiring and my favorite in a very impressive post.
    Then again, I'm a sucker for a well framed and interesting mountain display so you managed to find my favorite.

Thanks for sharing!
    P.S. Darn those bears in yosemite! They keep hiding from me right when I have an interesting subject to place them :)

Thank you for the kind comments. I apologize for misleading you - the bear was taken in the Glacier NP portion of the trip. I think quite a few of us got photos of this particular bear since she tended to hang round just inside the entrance to the park which we were using.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    edited April 23, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Being late with stuff like this is my greatest wish Dixie. Amazing thumb.gif Hows that monster truck going ?

Thank you, Gus. As always, your comments are greatly appreciated.

The "monster" truck is doing fine and says, "Hi." We were hoping to see you again at the next shootout, but noticed with great disappointment that you weren't on the list this year.

We would really like to get you in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park sometimes. Check out my latest post from GSMNP with a couple of photos taken when I was with Nick (gluwater) during New Year.

Here's the truck grinnin' at ya and saying, "Come on over and let's go to the Smoky Mountains."
    283999860_eQaVc-XL.jpg
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie