New user here: Save Photo issue

nkd200nkd200 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited April 22, 2008 in SmugMug Support
New user here.

How can I disable Save Photo for Viewers and enable it for the owner?

Thanks,

Jeff

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Hi Jeff, I'm sorry you can't :( I really hate saying 'no' to a first time poster!

Welcome to Dgrin and SmugMug!
  • nkd200nkd200 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 22, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Jeff, I'm sorry you can't :( I really hate saying 'no' to a first time poster!

Welcome to Dgrin and SmugMug!

Hi, Andy,

I do want to open my gallaries to public so how can I protect our photos from unauthorized downloading?

Thanks,

Jeff
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    nkd200 wrote:
    Hi, Andy,

I do want to open my gallaries to public so how can I protect our photos from unauthorized downloading?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Block Originals and any other sizes you wish, you do this in gallery tools>customize gallery settings.

Does that help?
  • nkd200nkd200 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 22, 2008
    Missing protection is really a deal breaker.
    Andy wrote:
    Block Originals and any other sizes you wish, you do this in gallery tools>customize gallery settings.

Does that help?
    I understand what you said. The reason I am trying Smugsmug is for its look and feel, especially being able to view the large pictures. The size limitation doesn't meet my requirement and doesn't really provide any protection to my photos at all. This is really a deal breaker.

Thanks,

Jeff
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    nkd200 wrote:
    I understand what you said. The reason I am trying Smugsmug is for its look and feel, especially being able to view the large pictures. The size limitation doesn't meet my requirement and doesn't really provide any protection to my photos at all. This is really a deal breaker.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, perhaps we don't understand exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Smugmug has great security options that very effectively protect your photos. Among other things you can:
    • Limit what sizes are available on the web so that larger sizes from which prints could be made cannot be displayed for anyone on the web
    • Watermark your photos so that even if they do a screen grab, they will still get your watermark
    • Can disable right-click or drag/drop saving from browsers
    • Can password protect galleries
    • Can password protect your site
    • Can make non-public galleries (Smugmug calls them unlisted)
    • Can control whether print ordering is allowed or not
    • Can control search engine indexing by gallery
    • Can control Smugmug search indexing by gallery
    What are you trying to accomplish that isn't met by these features?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question