Nice set of photo's.thumb.gif
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Pull back on the saturation a bit.

Level your falls too.

Just MHO.
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    I screw up the falls bigtime... my under-exposures to bring out the green, failed... so i decided to just go nuts with it. Oversaturated a lot of the images, especially that lake one, just to see what HDR could do and to get akinda "artsy" look.

THis was the first time i went to this lake, and ive lived here 2 years. I'll be going back regularly now to really fine tune my photos.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    I think you're getting the hang of the HDRs! thumb.gif
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    Thanks, im trying.

I began using photoshop, then switched to PhotoMatrix, but I didn't like how photomatrix made a lot of the fine details black. So now im back to using photoshop with the photomatix plugin. Seems to work best for me.

I have to manually change the exposures/contrasts of the image after tone mapping, but its worth it to do it all within one program and not lose quality.

You can see what I mean if you look at the last 2 images. The landscape one, bottom left area, theres moss on the rocks. In the portrait photo though, its blueish/purplish. The portrait was done only in photomatix, and it kinad deleted the moss, so i had to clean it up.

There was also a chain going across the water that I took out, thats what the two posts are for you see on either side.

Everyday i learn a lil more :)