comments

davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
edited April 22, 2008 in Landscapes
I've been so busy being a semi-pro I have not started on any new art prints in a long while.

here's my return to that.

Comments please?
283160574_NBEue-L.jpg

Comments

• ReeflectionsReeflections Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    thumb.gif

That's the kind of place you could spend a month filling hundreds of cards. So many ways to play with that scene....

I love the way you grabbed it. If I was forced to make a change, I think I would have gone less square in the aspect ratio. But then I'm a sucker for extra wide landscapes so best listen to others.
    Aloha!
    Mike

Just one more thing to buy and I'll have everything I need. ;)

Reeflections Gallery
    Underwater Photography Workshops & Ikelite equipment
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    There is a heavy blue cast to the image, especially the sky. You could also use some contrast in the midtones. I like the comp. How about taking the photo at sunrise or set?
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    It looks underexpsed, which is a shame because there's a lot of potential in the mist, clouds and the reflection.

The muddy bank on the right also isn't doing much for me.

I think there's just too much going on in this image. There's the sky, then the tree, then the arch of the bridge, then double that for the reflection, then the abstract shape of the horizon caused by all of these different formations. Then the clash of red and blue (sky and mud).

As I said though, there's a lot of great potential here, but I think focusing on one of these things is the key.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    I like how the tree in the water catches its branches in the reflection of the bridge.
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    Thanks Schmoo! It's a very interesting comment. Another comment I got from a friend via IM was "...the centrality of the bridge producing almost an eye motif, makes you want to open up wide and blink."

An interesting dichotomy of views. That tells me it is a keeper.

Again, thanks!
    David

schmoo wrote:
    It looks underexpsed, which is a shame because there's a lot of potential in the mist, clouds and the reflection.

The muddy bank on the right also isn't doing much for me.

I think there's just too much going on in this image. There's the sky, then the tree, then the arch of the bridge, then double that for the reflection, then the abstract shape of the horizon caused by all of these different formations. Then the clash of red and blue (sky and mud).

As I said though, there's a lot of great potential here, but I think focusing on one of these things is the key.