Urban reflections

ArgosArgos Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited April 25, 2008 in Landscapes
A cityscape for your C&C'ing pleasure...

2425805223_556a35b6da_o.jpg

EXIF:
Olympus E-510
14-42mm lens, at 42mm
100 ISO, F/6.3, 1/100 sec.

My primary question for you all is about the composition -- too "busy," or a good mix of elements?
Argos
Lead dog at Old Dog Photography

Comments

• summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    That's kind of neat. thumb.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    I agree it is kinda neat....the reflection is good. Needs alittle punch tho in color for the reflection to pop some more.
  • ArgosArgos Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words! I tuned up the color saturation just a touch, let me know if this works for you.

FWIW, maybe it's something about this particular shade of brick red, but it seems to reproduce very differently on different monitors. It's very saturated on my laptop, but much less so on my desktop LCD at work...
    Argos
    Lead dog at Old Dog Photography
  • canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Argos wrote:
    A cityscape for your C&C'ing pleasure...

My primary question for you all is about the composition -- too "busy," or a good mix of elements?

I don't think its too busy, except the lamppost is a bit unfortunate. But I guess there isn't much that could be done. The flags don't add much either. But the building itself, and everything reflected in it, looks great.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Looks good with alittle more color.

I'm really drawn to this reflection. I like the lines of the glass window panes crossing over the window panes of the reflected building.