software

bellaphotobellaphoto Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited April 24, 2008 in Technique
i love how some photography websites have collages, borders etc on their pics, what is a great software i can use to do these? i have some like photoshop, photosuite etc. but they don't look professional.

thanks
romina
Romina Ludovico

Comments

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    bellaphoto wrote:
    i love how some photography websites have collages, borders etc on their pics, what is a great software i can use to do these? i have some like photoshop, photosuite etc. but they don't look professional.

thanks
    romina
    Photoshop not looking professional???!?! headscratch.gif You can easily add borders and combine many photos into collages through photoshop.

If the result is not looking professional, than I'm sorry to tell you but the blame is most likely due to the skill of the end user of the program and not the program itself. rolleyes1.gif Combining photos can be done easily via various mask layers.

For basic (and some not so basic) collages, I recommend fotofusion by lumapix

And these are some of my collages made with fotofusion. I use it when I want something quick.

But you can do all of that (and much, much more) in photoshop.
  • bellaphotobellaphoto Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    collages
    you are correct on that! i am a dork when it comes to photoshop. i have no idea how to use half of the stuff on it. i need to learn, haha
    i guess i should start by reading some tutorials. thanks for the advise! :)

romina
    mwink.gif
    aktse wrote:
    Photoshop not looking professional???!?! headscratch.gif You can easily add borders and combine many photos into collages through photoshop.

If the result is not looking professional, than I'm sorry to tell you but the blame is most likely due to the skill of the end user of the program and not the program itself. rolleyes1.gif Combining photos can be done easily via various mask layers.

For basic (and some not so basic) collages, I recommend fotofusion by lumapix

And these are some of my collages made with fotofusion. I use it when I want something quick.

But you can do all of that (and much, much more) in photoshop.
    Romina Ludovico
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    bellaphoto wrote:
    you are correct on that! i am a dork when it comes to photoshop. i have no idea how to use half of the stuff on it. i need to learn, haha
    i guess i should start by reading some tutorials. thanks for the advise! :)

romina
    mwink.gif

It all depends on how you want to spend your time and money. You can literally produce any type of collage you want in Photoshop, though you will spend some serious time learning how to do so. There are plenty of tutorials on the net.

On the other hand, you could buy FotoFusion Essentials ($39.95) and be creating collages very quickly because it's specially built for that without a lot of technical learning. That tradeoff is up to you.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • bellaphotobellaphoto Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    software
    i downloaded the trial version of fotofusion and fell in LOVE! thanks, i am purchasing it tonight. i love the ease of it! clap.gif

romina
    jfriend wrote:
    It all depends on how you want to spend your time and money. You can literally produce any type of collage you want in Photoshop, though you will spend some serious time learning how to do so. There are plenty of tutorials on the net.

On the other hand, you could buy FotoFusion Essentials ($39.95) and be creating collages very quickly because it's specially built for that without a lot of technical learning. That tradeoff is up to you.
    Romina Ludovico