D70 Problem. . .Advice???

willaibachwillaibach Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited April 26, 2008 in Cameras
Yesterday I was shooting a baseball game when I began having problems with my D70. When I would press the button to take a picture, it would lock up. Then, after a few seconds, it would click 4-5 times in very quick succession without taking a photo, and would then be fine. It almost seemed like the shutter was getting stuck and then released. Has anyone had this problem or have a suggestion? I would love to avoid having to pay to have it serviced, and I really need to get through the rest of the year before I will be able to afford to replace it.

Thanks, for any advice you guys might have.
But He says to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. -2 Cor 12:9

www.steveandwilla.com

Comments

• NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    willaibach wrote:
    Yesterday I was shooting a baseball game when I began having problems with my D70. When I would press the button to take a picture, it would lock up. Then, after a few seconds, it would click 4-5 times in very quick succession without taking a photo, and would then be fine. It almost seemed like the shutter was getting stuck and then released. Has anyone had this problem or have a suggestion? I would love to avoid having to pay to have it serviced, and I really need to get through the rest of the year before I will be able to afford to replace it.

Thanks, for any advice you guys might have.

This happened with my D50, except I don't think I had the four or five quick shutter openings, it would just wait a few seconds and then click over When I hit the shutter. Nikon replaced the shutter on mine, and it works fine now. So I'm guessing that's the problem
  • Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    send it to service. if you dont want it to be fixed. then theres nothing we can do.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.