Flower Fields of Carlsbad

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited April 23, 2008 in Landscapes
The LAShooters went to the Flower Fields in Carlsbad, CA.
This is a large flower farm and before they cut all of them down, they have a festival where you can walk among the fields and take tractor rides and such.
1. Tractor in the field.
283641148_qTyde-L.jpg

2. "John"
283641188_4sSkR-M.jpg

3. Deere"
283642727_Xwhbm-M.jpg

4. Lily
283636102_LkL6J-M.jpg

5. Walking among the flowers.
283638097_UywyJ-L.jpg

6. Hey a field full of flowers.
283639222_nKA5c-L.jpg

7. Riding off into the sunset, sorta.
283640997_B2dSt-M.jpg

whole gallery: http://tomyi.smugmug.com/gallery/4779353_4EkRw#283634673_AjZus

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Love the last photo thumb.gif I first one made me chuckle some...it looked like he was driving through a field of yellow and red tennis balls.

Thank you for sharing these as I love seeing fields of flowers and there were a lot of flower in those fields :D
  • hedlesshedless Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Beautiful shots! Love the use of the depth of field in 1,4 and 5.
    And the colors have good pop. Looked at your gallery, very nice. I'm jealous... thumb.gif
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Thanks for looking folks.
    Having seem them again now, I'm not happy with them. They seem to be missing something. Not sure what it is though.
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    T,
    Sometimes getting the grasp of sheer numbers of flowers can be an arduous task. When faced with an enormous field of gorgeous flowers, I struggle to really lead the viewer into the whole of the fields while being able to maintain a intimate view.

That being said, I looked at shot #6 and found myself wondering how I would compose it. Aside from compressing the photo a bit more with a longer focal length, I'm not sure there would have been much I would have done differently. Maybe a higher perspective on a couple shots (a mini-ladder?) or a couple more macro shots to add to the whole of your gallery?

I think you did a fine job telling the story!
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork