Gecko

MichelleLMichelleL Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited April 24, 2008 in Holy Macro
Have been on hols for the last few weeks (will post a great bee shot I got later on) and have a lot of reading to catch up on.

Anyway, got up this morning and went to the kitchen sink and found this Gecko - as I was about to rescue it, I thought, no - where's the camera!

The other half walks out a few minutes later to find me with the camera and flash bent over in the sink. "you right there?" was the question - but the look on his face said something else. I had to quickly explain that I haven't totally lost it but am in fact taking photo's of this gecko.

283697059_pLvHm-L.jpg

this one was taken with the flash heads (a and b) moved to a different position to give me this effect;

283700000_6fh7K-L.jpg

and

283828966_XKwMk-L.jpg

These are all hand held and are either a 1:1 or 1:2 to get all of the gecko in frame.

MichelleL
Michelle Legg :smooch

michellelegg.com
http://legg.smugmug.com/

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    MichelleL wrote:
    Have been on hols for the last few weeks (will post a great bee shot I got later on) and have a lot of reading to catch up on.

Anyway, got up this morning and went to the kitchen sink and found this Gecko - as I was about to rescue it, I thought, no - where's the camera!

The other half walks out a few minutes later to find me with the camera and flash bent over in the sink. "you right there?" was the question - but the look on his face said something else. I had to quickly explain that I haven't totally lost it but am in fact taking photo's of this gecko.

this one was taken with the flash heads (a and b) moved to a different position to give me this effect;

and

These are all hand held and are either a 1:1 or 1:2 to get all of the gecko in frame.

MichelleL

Ahahaha what did he think you were doing with it?? giving it a bath?rolleyes1.gif
    Glad you rescued the little fella, I like the second shot thumb.gif

Nice work Michelle ....... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Ahahaha what did he think you were doing with it?? giving it a bath?rolleyes1.gif
    Glad you rescued the little fella, I like the second shot thumb.gif

Nice work Michelle ....... Skippy :D

Excellent shots Michelle I like the second one too.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Agree with above- #2 steals the show - lovely use of light.
    Brian V.
  • ReeflectionsReeflections Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Yes, yes, yes! #2 is great!
    Aloha!
    Mike

Just one more thing to buy and I'll have everything I need. ;)

Reeflections Gallery
    Underwater Photography Workshops & Ikelite equipment