At Work

JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited April 24, 2008 in People
The other day I took my camera to work and got some photos. It wasnt a photoshoot or anything, I was just walking around and snapping, and if they were nice they would look and smile. The original idea was to have some photos for a 'meet the team' section in the sales presentation.
I'm not a big fan of the aqua walls.. Never mind. Let me know what you think.

#1 - Marketing Director
DSC_2550b.jpg
#2 - Telemarketer
DSC_2553a.jpg
#3 - Programmer
DSC_2551a.jpg
#4 - Telemarketer
DSC_2554a.jpg
#5 - Marketing Director again
DSC_2578a.jpg
#6 - Telemarketer
DSC_2560a.jpg
#7 -
DSC_2569a.jpg
I used my nifty fifty and an sb-800, which helped with poor lighting. C&C appreciated
Jethro :D
My Blog
Jethro Kingston Photography
Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE

Comments

• BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    I like them! Sitting in an office all day i can appreciate them :) I like the DOF you got....good job!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • imonkimonk Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Hi Jethro,

Your Marketing Director looks far too young, perhaps that's me now showing my age though :/

Also, I don't think he looks very happy, or friendly for that matter. If these are for a 'meet the team' then I think he should look a bit more approachable, like your telemarketing guys, they are great 'at work' shots.

Just my thoughts :)
    Ian
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    He does look a bit....stressed...i know the feeling eek7.gif
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Nice pics. it seem almost impossible to get the color right in that environment.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    I read that this was not a formal/scheduled shoot. However, there are some things that might be done to improve them, especially for the purpose stated:
    • Get pleasant and approachable expressions from your models - few of these meet this criteria
    • Work with your on-camera flash a bit more. A couple of these have some pretty distracting side shadows. Think about bouncing your flash off the ceiling. Also, take a look at the "Better Bounce Card" solution - it's cheap, easy, and effective.
    • You also need to take a look at the exposure of these - try to get something a bit more consistent - it'll make the "Meet the Team" material look a bit more professional.
  • JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback..
    The marketing director is actually my brother, and yes he has been working like a dog lately so is a bit worn down. I'll try to get some of him and the programmer looking a bit more friendly :D

Scott,
    I was bouncing the flash off the roof for pretty much all of these, but dont have a flash bracket. In truth I'm only borrowing the SB-800 for the week, and havnt had a lot of time to get familiar with it.
    I dont really see the shadows you are talking about, other than #3 and very slightly in #4.
    Also regarding exposure, There is quite different lighting in different parts of the office (some with blinds, some in front of windows, others just artificial light) so for a novice like me it's quite hard to keep a consistent exposure and WB.

Thanks for the tips thumb.gif
    Jethro :D
    My Blog
    Jethro Kingston Photography
    Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Jet wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback..
    The marketing director is actually my brother, and yes he has been working like a dog lately so is a bit worn down. I'll try to get some of him and the programmer looking a bit more friendly :D

Scott,
    I was bouncing the flash off the roof for pretty much all of these, but dont have a flash bracket. In truth I'm only borrowing the SB-800 for the week, and havnt had a lot of time to get familiar with it.
    I dont really see the shadows you are talking about, other than #3 and very slightly in #4.
    Also regarding exposure, There is quite different lighting in different parts of the office (some with blinds, some in front of windows, others just artificial light) so for a novice like me it's quite hard to keep a consistent exposure and WB.

Thanks for the tips thumb.gif
    #3 and #4 are where I saw them. And, I'm very sensitive to them - so I notice them a bit more than many people might.

As for the different lighting - that can sometimes be taken care of in post, but it's so much easier to get it right in-camera and not that difficult.