New (Non-LPS) contest????

bsquaredbsquared Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited April 24, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I realize that I am stepping out into a minefield, and I have availed myself of the unfortunate but correct end of LPS due to incessant pestering and bickering. My question is: Is there a chance that there could be another contest sans prizes other than bragging rights? I did try to come up with ideas worthy of entry into last few challenges of LPS, and even though I came up skunked ( I am just starting to learn how to take photos properly), it was an enjoyable process nonetheless. So, are there any plans? Anybody have any ideas for a way we could possibly organize one ourselves? I have heard that there were other contests before LPS but I joined after and do not know what their format was.

Signed, Desperate in the Desert

Edit: I am aware of the LOLcat contest but that is not really what I'm talking about.

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 23, 2008
    There will be "something", we certainly will not delete the contests&challenges. The current plan is to bring back the old challenges, but with some improvements.

More discussion in this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=88434
    (go towards the end)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• bsquaredbsquared Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    There will be "something", we certainly will not delete the contests&challenges. The current plan is to bring back the old challenges, but with some improvements.

More discussion in this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=88434
    (go towards the end)
    I don't know how, but I read through that entire thread earlier today and didn't get that there are going to be continuing contests? ne_nau.gif

Rereading it after you pointed it out, I reread your posts below and slapped myself in the forehead.
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Thanks to all those with good comments, and I do apologize that we won't be having an LPS2.

However, lets not focus on negative. There was more to our decision than a few bad apples.

I, for one, was determined that if there was going to be a second LPS, it had to be bigger and better than the first one. I won't go into details, but suffice to say, we just felt we couldn't improve it enough to justify it. LPS was not about to become a routine thing on dgrin, no way. If we ignore that other thread going on right now for a moment, lets say, we wanted it to go out on a high note.
    :D
    DoctorIt wrote:
    And that's the main idea here, onward and upward. The best way to "not worry" about any of the bad in LPS was to leave it behind completely.
    deal.gif

I'll have lot's of free time this summer for once in quite a long time and I'm looking forward to taking lots of pictures in the hopes that I can get one or two worthy of submission. wings.gif

Thanks for the clarification.