Glacier - Shootout '07 - Part 2

DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
edited April 27, 2008 in Landscapes
Here are a couple more from the '07 shootout. Most will remember the walk out to St Mary's Falls. The St Mary's Falls below was shot from the bridge and the exposure was 0.6 seconds so I had to keep waiting until no one was actually walking on the bridge.

The second shot is from our early morning excursion out Many Glacier Road where we were able to shoot the sunrise behind us over Swiftcurrent Falls and/or the moon setting behing Swiftcurrent Mountain standing over Swiftcurrent Lake out in front of us. I previously posted the sunrise so this one is the moon setting behind Swiftcurrent Mountain.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Click on the images for EXIF data.

St. Mary's Falls
284234863_D78MS-XL.jpg

Moon setting behind Swiftcurrent Lake & Swiftcurrent Mountain
284388308_2cqvm-XL.jpg

I hope that you enjoy them.
Dixie
Photographs by Dixie
| Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Your waterfall is beautiful. The color of the water and even catching the color of the rock where the water just starts to fall over it...all I can say
    is thumb.gif
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Fabulous! Man, I miss landscaping. Great inspiration here....love your processing/comps and overall eye. Very sweet!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Great shots Dixie...
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    The sharpness and detail are fantastic on both. To say nothing of the compositions. Bravadisimo!!! clap.gif
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • ReeflectionsReeflections Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Both are beauties but that waterfall is PERFECT!! thumb.gifthumb
    Aloha!
    Mike

Just one more thing to buy and I'll have everything I need. ;)

Reeflections Gallery
    Underwater Photography Workshops & Ikelite equipment
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Great stuff Dixie. The waterfall is beautiful. I should have taken a couple from the bridge but I thought there would be too much vibration from all the people on it. Guess I was wrong
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    gluwater wrote:
    I should have taken a couple from the bridge but I thought there would be too much vibration from all the people on it.
    Same here...the d/grin crowd all co-operated with everyone but there were a lot of other non d/grin groups that had no idea & tramped straight through...as they should i suppose because they had no idea of what we were doing so it wasnt their fault. That bridge had some bounce.

Nice stuff again Dixie !
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Dixie wrote:
    Here are a couple more from the '07 shootout.
    I hope that you enjoy them.
    Very nice Dixie, awesome job! thumb.gifclap.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Thanks to all who took the time to look and comment. Your comments are always appreciated.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
  • DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    gluwater wrote:
    I should have taken a couple from the bridge but I thought there would be too much vibration from all the people on it.
    gus wrote:
    Same here...the d/grin crowd all co-operated with everyone but there were a lot of other non d/grin groups that had no idea & tramped straight through...as they should i suppose because they had no idea of what we were doing so it wasnt their fault. That bridge had some bounce.

Nice stuff again Dixie !

I'm patient. I went down behind everyone and just set up the camera then would wait between shots as people walked across. I always tell them not to rush as I don't mind taking my time. :D
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie