HS Track - First Pics On DGRIN

CoryJenksCoryJenks Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited May 1, 2008 in Sports
Please let me know your thoughts and opinions. All comments are appreciated.

Shot with Canon 10D, 70-200mm, f/2.8, ISO 100, AV Priority, AI Servo, Center Focus.
smallIMG_0092.jpg
smallIMG_0153.jpg
3.smallIMG_0154.jpg
smallIMG_0332.jpg
smallIMG_0401.jpg
smallIMG_0055.jpg

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    These are stunning...great light & expression !
  • CoryJenksCoryJenks Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    gus wrote:
    These are stunning...great light & expression !
    Thanks gus!
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Nice job Cory - I really like these! thumb.gif I think the emotion/intensity of the atheletes really comes through well.

Oh, and welcome :D

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    CoryJenks wrote:
    Please let me know your thoughts and opinions. All comments are appreciated.

Shot with Canon 10D, 70-200mm, f/2.8, ISO 100, AV Priority, AI Servo, Center Focus.

ooh, they're fabulous. I always thought track would be boring, but the expressions are so great, and the flowing hair, and that high jumper's face looks almost serene but his hands are all tense. it's cool.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 25, 2008
    Hi Cory. Welcome to dgrin!

I think you've got some great action in each of the shots and the only comment
    I have is that you concentrate on the backgrounds and either shoot more open
    and with a longer lens or perhaps a bit different shooting location.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited April 28, 2008
    Frog Lady wrote:
    Nice job Cory - I really like these! thumb.gif I think the emotion/intensity of the atheletes really comes through well.

Oh, and welcome :D

C.
    Thanks for the comments! Thanks for the welcome.
    ASkip wrote:
    ooh, they're fabulous. I always thought track would be boring, but the expressions are so great, and the flowing hair, and that high jumper's face looks almost serene but his hands are all tense. it's cool.
    Appreciate the comments. Makes a big difference when you can capture the athletes expressions especially in track where it's essentially an individual effort.
    ian408 wrote:
    Hi Cory. Welcome to dgrin!

I think you've got some great action in each of the shots and the only comment
    I have is that you concentrate on the backgrounds and either shoot more open
    and with a longer lens or perhaps a bit different shooting location.
    Thanks again for the welcome! Backgrounds I understand all to well, however you are somewhat tied to your backgrounds by each event's location.

Thanks again to all!
  • DaladoDalado Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    CoryJenks wrote:
    Thanks for the comments! Thanks for the welcome.

Appreciate the comments. Makes a big difference when you can capture the athletes expressions especially in track where it's essentially an individual effort.

Thanks again for the welcome! Backgrounds I understand all to well, however you are somewhat tied to your backgrounds by each event's location.

Thanks again to all!

I'm a big fan of the last photo. Seems like he is almost resting on it. Btw, did he clear that?

D.
  • sanford tullissanford tullis Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    The second one is my fav. Is that water splashing off of the track?headscratch.gif
    Capture memories one image at a time
    edited May 1, 2008
    Dalado wrote:
    I'm a big fan of the last photo. Seems like he is almost resting on it. Btw, did he clear that?

D.
    Thanks for the response. He did not clear that one, but cleared his second attempt.
    edited May 1, 2008
    The second one is my fav. Is that water splashing off of the track?headscratch.gif
    Yep, from under the foul board. Thanks.