Options

Engagement Photos (photo overload!)

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited April 26, 2008 in Weddings
A fun engagement shooting at the beach (yaya, it's finally warm here too!!!) :barb

C&C welcome, I know you'll kill me that I didn't use a fill flash .... haha

1. 282213344_oTiUx-M-1.jpg

2. 282198830_dNBag-M.jpg

3. 282336208_M8M44-M.jpg

4. 282195841_iVGLT-M.jpg

5. 282233652_G9evz-M.jpg

6. 282329367_heYz9-M.jpg

7. 282192996_FVNQ9-M.jpg

8. 282337324_o6wy5-M.jpg

9. 282332667_fjExF-M.jpg

10. 282204136_xgtyb-M.jpg

11. 282221896_A2mQt-M.jpg

12. 282340782_Qy3HS-M.jpg

13. 282210740_sEiyp-M.jpg

14. 282334405_kWL6U-M-1.jpg

15. 282342932_uFhVP-M.jpg

16. 282216848_ofDHE-M.jpg (my personal favorite) :D

Comments

• Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    these are not showing up for me. Love to see them.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    Oh no ... not again :cry .... I'll check the gallery settings ... might take a while to load thought as I posted quite some photos .... maybe that's the problem?
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    They show for me.

One comment - could you have made it any harder on yourself - shooting under such bright/hard sunlight? Well, you controlled the high contrast quite well, at least on this monitor they look pretty good. A couple look a little blown (his shirt) but not really bad. I would say that they will be quite happy with these.thumb.gif
  • Options
    lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    I love the series. The couple looks so comfortable and natural in all of the shots. #8 is fun.

I agree that they are gonna love these! :)

-- Lisa P.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    They show for me.

One comment - could you have made it any harder on yourself - shooting under such bright/hard sunlight? Well, you controlled the high contrast quite well, at least on this monitor they look pretty good. A couple look a little blown (his shirt) but not really bad. I would say that they will be quite happy with these.thumb.gif

Yes, haha ... I know. The sun was quite bright, but for once the couple didn't squint their eyes and since the wedding season will pick up quite soon here there aren't many weekends left to get enaggement shots (and I think we were just all excited it got finally warm & sunny again)

As for the shirt. You are right, it was light blue and got blown on most of the shots ....

Thanks for the comments thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    lisap wrote:
    I love the series. The couple looks so comfortable and natural in all of the shots. #8 is fun.

I agree that they are gonna love these! :)

-- Lisa P.

Thanks Lisa! I think she was a bit "scared" in the beginning but warmed up quite quickly ... and I think by the end she even loved taking the photos iloveyou.gif

They were a REALLY fun couple to shoot. Very easy going and did pretty much all the poses I had in mind for them (Got to love coules like that! Already looking forward to their wedding). wings.gif
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    I agree that you handled the contrasty lighting very well. I ....at least....don't see any where fill flash would have provided any "must have" usefullness in these. They are gorgeous photos and I would certainly be pleased if I had footed the bill. Very nicely done....all the way around.

One question....

...about #8

I noticed several other tryptechs (hope I didn't murder the spelling) in your other recent post. Do you offer prints in this format? If so where do you print them...and is a custom frame neccessary?

It is a very nice way to present photographs IMO.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I agree that you handled the contrasty lighting very well. I ....at least....don't see any where fill flash would have provided any "must have" usefullness in these. They are gorgeous photos and I would certainly be pleased if I had footed the bill. Very nicely done....all the way around.

One question....

...about #8

I noticed several other tryptechs (hope I didn't murder the spelling) in your other recent post. Do you offer prints in this format? If so where do you print them...and is a custom frame neccessary?

It is a very nice way to present photographs IMO.

Thanks Jeff! As for the "triplets" ... Sometimes I just like showing a "story", but no, it's not a custom frame, just 4x6 prints. You can get them printed at smugmug, just say "default color: true" so the white doesn't turn grey (as it often does after automatic color correction). If it needs to get printed quickly I go to Colortek, which is luckily just around the corner from me. They do an awesome job with printing (the prices are a bit mindblowing - especially for a 5x7, but it's worth it (http://www.colortek.org)
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    WOW nice pics, and i agree with Scott, you dealt yourself a difficult hand in that bright son and played it well.

a nit pick: the horizon on #4 and the outside 2 on number 8 doesn't look quite straight to me. I know for most there are intentionally at an angle, but to my eye if they are that close to level, straight level might be better.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    WOW nice pics, and i agree with Scott, you dealt yourself a difficult hand in that bright son and played it well.

a nit pick: the horizon on #4 and the outside 2 on number 8 doesn't look quite straight to me. I know for most there are intentionally at an angle, but to my eye if they are that close to level, straight level might be better.

Thanks Scott. Good eye! thumb.gif You're right on #4, I remember the sand (on the left) being a bit higher than the horizon, so it didn't bother me, but if you don't know how it was, I see the problem with it not looking quite straight! I'll fix it .....

As for #8 I thought it would be ok as both horizons are kind of pointing at the middle photo, so it gives it a bit dynamics, but I do see your point it being too close to straight ... to not be (does that sentence make any sense?)

Thanks for the comment! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thanks Jeff! As for the "triplets" ... Sometimes I just like showing a "story", but no, it's not a custom frame, just 4x6 prints. You can get them printed at smugmug, just say "default color: true" so the white doesn't turn grey (as it often does after automatic color correction). If it needs to get printed quickly I go to Colortek, which is luckily just around the corner from me. They do an awesome job with printing (the prices are a bit mindblowing - especially for a 5x7, but it's worth it (http://www.colortek.org)

Call me slow....rolleyes1.gif

...but I am still not understanding the triplet. It appears to be longer in width than a 4x6. Much longer.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Call me slow....rolleyes1.gif

...but I am still not understanding the triplet. It appears to be longer in width than a 4x6. Much longer.

Nope it's a 4x6 (alright ... a 8x12) rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Nope it's a 4x6 (alright ... a 8x12) rolleyes1.gif

It is showing as a 1:2 ratio when I dropped it in photoshop. Would be more like a 4x8...

Please don't think I am being argumentative...I am only curious because it looks sooo doggone good!

I am talking about printing the triplet just as you have it posted.....white border and all.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:

Haha. You are RIGHT. Typo when I created the photo .... well spottet! thumb.gif
  • Options
    BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    I always love your vibrant colors!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    They show for me.

15524779-Ti.gif what Scott said!!!!!!!! Very nice and well donebowdown.gifbowthumb.gifthumbbowdown.gifbow
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    WOW
    If my engagement photos looked anything like these I would be so incredibly thrilled!
    On the photographer end of things; definitely an inspiring set!
    Thanks for sharing!~
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    qsjewlqsjewl Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    These pictures are awesome. I especially love #1. #3 I like the cute leg lift, adds excitement! I enjoyed #6 as it seems as they are enjoying the view. #9 they look so relaxed...very nice. I like #14 as well, but it might have been better if she wasn't looking directly at the camera (I could be wrong...I'm not a pro!).

overall, these pics were great. I'm sure you'll get tons of referrals!
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2008
    Thanks for the nice comments everybody!! iloveyou.gif I loved that shoot. Things are so much more fun & easy if the couple is relaxed. Phew!!

Got an other enagegment session, shortly after one of my brides (who didn't want to have enagement photos taken) had a look at my blog. YAY! We'll even do them on the same beach ... got to love Cape Cod ... iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    It is showing as a 1:2 ratio when I dropped it in photoshop. Would be more like a 4x8...

Please don't think I am being argumentative...I am only curious because it looks sooo doggone good!

I am talking about printing the triplet just as you have it posted.....white border and all.

Jeff,

According to what Agnieszka said in post #9, it sounds to me like each of the triplet is a 4x6 print.
    agnieszka wrote:
    ...Sometimes I just like showing a "story", but no, it's not a custom frame, just 4x6 prints...

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    Jeff,

According to what Agnieszka said in post #9, it sounds to me like each of the triplet is a 4x6 print.

Cuong

Turns out I had a typo when I created that file .... rolleyes1.gif .... So ... Jeff is right, it's a 1:2 ratio. Sorry ...
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    My faves 1, 7, 8 and 16!
    Only nitpick i have is the sharp shadows from their nose in 10, 11, and 12. Other than that I don't think the bright sun or blown highlights take away.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com